Red paper and ink lights blink alternatingly (if that's a word). There was a paper jam. I cleaned out the pieces that got trapped. Turned it back on and the screen said something about "Past service date ..." Now, paper and ink lights blink alternating fashion and printer will not turn on.
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: C88 Printer won't print
Just as a follow up to this one for anyone else who hits this problem...
You can service the printer and redirect the waste ink yourself using the guide and information provided from this guide which I wrote a couple of years back.
It applies equally to the C84 - C88 and D88 models and certainly requires a certain amount of technical skill and patience but not beyond the amateur with a LOT of patience :)
In terms of resetting the waste ink counter or "protection counter" which triggers the service required message you can't use the SSC utility but instead will need to source the official adjustment utility.
Getting the product serviced is an option but frankly it usually costs more than the printer was worth so you've nothing to lose by trying to fix it yourself.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I hope this will help you :)
* Green Power light flashes- The printer is receiving a print job, replacing an ink cartridge, charging ink, or cleaning the print head.
* RED paper light is On- If the CD/DVD try guide is open, close the CD/DVD tray guide, load paper, then press the paper button.
Your paper ran out or multiple sheets loaded at the same time . Load paper and press the paper butoon to resume printing.
* RED paper light flashes- Paper is jammed in the printer. Press the paper button to eject the jammed paper. If the light is still flashing , open the cover and remove all paper, including any jammed or torn pieces. Then reload paper and press the paper button to continue printing.
* RED Ink Light Flashes - One or more cartridges are low on ink. Check the message that appears on your screen to determine which cartridge is low, or follow the instructions in " Checking the Ink Supply". Make sure you have a replacement cartridge.
* RED Ink Light is ON- One or more cartridges are out of ink or not installed. If you have just installed a new cartridge, it may be incomaptible with the printer or incorrectly installed. Reinstall it or replace it with the correct cartridge
* RED Ink and RED paper lights flash alternately- The CD/DVD tray guide was left open when you turned on the printer or when printing on paper. Just simply close it/
* Green Power Light is Off; RED paperand RED Ink Lights flashing- Paper may be blocking movement of the print head. Turn off the printer, then open the cover and remove any jammed paper or other foreign objects. Turn the printer back on again. Or it may have an internal error. Turn off the printer, wait a few seconds, then turn it on again.
1. If the ink and paper lights are flashing alternately with each other (ie: not together) then it's the old "Service required" problem and a quick visit to wasteink.co.uk will help with that.
2. The cleaning station/wiper (otherwise known as the parking pad) has managed to pull itself out of position and is currently doing an impression of a jack in the box instead of being hooked into the rest of the cleaning/parking system.
If it's the latter you need to move the printhead out of the way (to the left) and then push the white cleaning part down and then across to the right so that it couples up with the black part of the parking pad properly... It's very difficult to explain how this looks but if I get a chance tomorrow I'll put some pictures up on wasteink.co.uk with some troubleshooting info.
That said, you'll probably figure it out for yourself and it's just a bit of trial and error until you get the pad hooked up properly...
Oh and once it's happened once it'll happen again so in my case I put a small dab of hot melt glue on the connection point between the white and black part (once it was back in position) and this has resolved the problem for me.... Your mileage may vary however.
im so sorry for the inconvineince that your having on this printer but let me help you.
Red paper and red ink light flash alternately and green power light is off
Paper may be blocking movement of the print head. Turn off the printer, then open the cover and remove any jammed paper or other foreign objects. Turn the printer back on again. If the lights are still on, that means the printer is having a hardware issue
Green power light is off; red paper and ink lights flash (quickly)
possible problem: The printer may have an internal error. Turn off the printer, wait a few seconds, and turn it on again. If the lights are still flashing , that means the printer is having a hardware issue
Make sure that the head can move on the carriage bar as this indicates a head assembly lock or jam. Make sure all the paper paths are clear and there is no tiny piece of paper stuck. Power it back on. If this does not resolve then you will need a visit to the repair shop or buy a new printer which is probably cheaper!
Which of the two red lights is on? If it's the red paper light, it simply thinks it's out of paper. Make sure your stack of paper is properly seated in the Automatic Sheet Feeder. If it is the red ink light, it means that during a print task (printing, head cleaning, ink charging), an empty cartridge was detected. Go through the cartridge replacement procedure as described in your User Manual. If you don't have one, see: