Question about Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Turn of the main power turn it back on and pres eject at the same time or u can try the power and the on and off button hold it in in 10 sec hope this work
Posted on Jan 28, 2009
It might be because the console is overheated because of the size of the room maybe, turn it on and then press the power button wait until the red lights are flashing and then press it again and leave it for a few days :)
Posted on Jun 09, 2009
This is known as the yellow light of death for the Playstation 3. This can be caused by dust buildup in the console, causing the unit to overheat. Once the unit overheats, it causes the solder on the board to melt and bridge(connect). Once bridged it shorts out the board giving you the error you have now. Contact Sony and see if the unit is under warranty with this site: https://service1.us.playstation.com/rma.htm?_flowExecutionKey=_c93291C5D-1FF3-3678-D410-B3A69FF1B950_kFEA57FF8-57E1-6CAD-825D-AD3606E0B84E
If your unit is not under warranty, go to www.wiredextreme.com. We are a console repair company based in Texas, and we can get your console up and running again. We give a free diagnosis of what is wrong with the unit, and will call with an estimate of repair. All our work comes with a 30 day warranty, and you can buy up to 4 years worth of warranty.
Posted on Nov 20, 2009
Follow the procedure below to fix the problem on your ps3,
1. Turn off Playstation®3.
2. Hold the power button down; the system will turn on and turn off once again.
3. Once the System has been shutdown, re-press you finger until you hear 2 consecutive beeps
4. When you hear the 2 beeps take finger off power button.
5. You will be prompted to plug in your controller via USB and then hit the PS button
6. The Recovery menu will pop up.
The current Recovery Menu supports:
• Restart System: Restarts the PLAYSTATION®3 System.
• Restore Default Settings: Reset all system settings back to default.
• Restore File System: Checks for corrupt/missing system files.
• Rebuild Database: Rebuilds the OS for the PLAYSTATION®3.
• Restore PS3 System: Fresh restore; Deletes everything and starts from Scratch.
• System Update: Update the PLAYSTATION®3 System.
Posted on Jul 20, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 25, 2011 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
on Jun 12, 2010 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Jul 25, 2010 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Jun 14, 2010 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Feb 21, 2010 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Mar 23, 2009 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
3,291 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!