Question about Computers & Internet
This is a common problem if your XBOX is connected through a router or gateway. What you need to do is to change the MTU setting of your router. The minimum setting for MTU should be 1364. If you are not familiar with the configuration of your router, you can contact the technical support of the router's manufacturer. You can also search google.com for the step by step instruction in changing the MTU of your router - do a google search for your router's brand and model + MTU setup.
Good luck and have a nice day!
Posted on Oct 01, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 12, 2011 | Computers & Internet
on Dec 17, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Hooking up an Xbox with Linksys routers:
Open an Internet Explorer browser page.In the address bar type - 192.168.1.1
Leave username blank & in password use admin in lower case...
Click on "Applications and Gaming" tab and then click on "Port Range Forwarding" subtab...
1) On the first line in Application box type in ABC, in the start box type in 88 and End box type in 88, leave the protocol as both and under ip address type in 192.168.1.20 and check the enable box...
2) On the second line in Application box type in PQR, in the start box type in 3074 and End box type in 3074, leave the protocol as both and under ip address type in 192.168.1.20 and check the enable box...
3) On the third line in Application box type in XYZ, in the start box type in 53 and End box type in 53, leave the protocol as both and under ip address type in 192.168.1.20 and check the enable box and click on Save Settings...
3) Once you return to the set up page click on the Security tab and uncheck Block Anonymous Internet Requests and click on Save Settings...
4) Click on set-up and change the MTU Size to 1452 and click Save Settings...
5) Goto the XBox Network Settings and IP Address Settings and select manual IP Settings and assign the following on your Xbox
IP Address :- 192.168.1.20, Subnet Mask :- 255.255.255.0, Default Gateway :- 192.168.1.1...
6) Also assign the DNS Addresses on the Xbox
Primary dns :- 22.214.171.124...Secondary dns :- 192.168.1.1
7) Turn off your modem, router, and Xbox...Wait for a minute...
8) Plug the modem power first, wait for another minute and plug the router power cable, wait another minute and turn on the Xbox and test it...it will connect...
Dec 02, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Nov 20, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Nov 02, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Oct 31, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Mar 13, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Sep 29, 2008 | Computers & Internet
May 31, 2008 | Computers & Internet
106 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!