Uninstall a Spanish or Portuguese driver and install
the English version when Windows XP installs the incorrect language,
where either a couple of the tabs are in the wrong language, or
everything is incorrect.
IMPORTANT NOTE: THE PRINTER MUST BE
TURNED OFF DURING THIS PROCEDURE OTHERWISE WINDOWS WILL AUTOMATICALLY
INSTALL THE SPANISH OR PORTUGUESE DRIVER AGAIN. DO NOT USE PLUG 'N PLAY FOR DRIVER INSTALLATION.
1. Delete the Driver Icon from the Printers and Faxes Window.
2. Reboot the PC
3. Click on File --> Print Server Properties
5. Click on the Drivers Tab.
6. Highlight the driver being deleted (C5200n shown as a reference below), and click on Remove.
7. Reboot the PC
8. Go back into the Server Properties Drivers Tab (as shown above), and click on the Add... button.
9. On the first screen click on Next.
10. On the Printer Driver Selection Screen, click on Have Disk.
11. Browse to the location of the English driver
that is to be installed and click on OK (Note, the C5200n printer is
being used as a reference and the driver being installed is from the
12. On the next screen the printer being installed should be highlighted, and click on Next.
13. The next window Will show the version of the
driver being installed, DO NOT click on any of the unchecked boxes and
just click on Next.
14. Click Finish on the last window.
15. Finally, turn on the printer. Windows XP will
automatically find the printer and install the English version of the