First you should roll back the driver ,if the you will face the same problem.
do the steep>http://technet.microsoft.com/hi-in/library/bb457021%28en-us%29.aspx
Speakers not workingCheck the following,
- Speakers, connecting cables and Sound Card are working fine by connecting to another computer.
- Speaker Cable is connected to an audio port (Audio/Video port in system box).
- Volume is MUTE / Low (in Volume Controller).
- Audio drivers have installed.
To Check follow the Steps:
• Go to Start>
• Control panel>
• Double click on "System" Icon> (it shows the System PropertiesWindow)
• Select "Hardware" Tab>
• Select "Device Manager" Tab> (it shows the Device Manager Window)
• Select "Sound, video and game controllers">
• Expand "+" symbol> (check the audio Codes, Legacy Audio Drivers andothers are not in Questioned Mark (?) symbol with yellow color. If there needto install the drivers ).
- If not, insert the motherboard CD, browse>select audio driver>install. After completion, restart computer and check.
Then, if you know what audio drivers youneed, you can simply download them off the internet. (No need of themotherboard CD these days ;-) )
Simply Google the make and model of your motherboard and say audio drivers. Itshould take you to the site where you can find the Audio Drivers.
For example, the make and model of your motherboard is something like Gigabyte100X, search Google for "Gigabyte 100X audio drivers".
Maybe I can help if you can tell me what is written after the TriangularWarning Sign i.e. the name of the device that needs attention (and whosedrivers are not installed).
Right click on "My Computer" and then selectManage.
Go to Device Manager and if you see any yellow warnings there, surely the audiodrivers are not installed and then you can follow the instructions on thescreen.
Hope it will help you.