You replied to my question on the print server to use tcp/ip since I am a dummy at this how do you do that? I have the ip address of the print server but when i tell Windows xp under new Pinter's it says something like invalid ip or can't find. any help will be much thankful. no faxing,scaning or copying will be fine since the printer i want to use is just a color laser pinter. the server works fine with the "approved" printer. Thank you
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has answered 1,000 questions.
Re: useing Linksys wpsm54g with tcp/ip
That will depend on the IP address of the print-server and the network, specially if the printerver is not set to a static IP, you may get communication errors when you try to use or install the printserver.
you may try to set the PS to have a static IP address or you may use the printserver name instead of its IP address.
use custom settings then use "RAW" after that chnage the queue name to p1 or l1.
there are many work arounds for this kind of limited configuration, but i would strongly suggest you call Linksys Toll Free Tech support for more configuration
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hi could you tell what is the main Router it should be compatible with your main router to get the IP address then you can install and share the printer over the network should you need any help please contact me on my website http://computernetworksupportindubai.com/
1. first reset the printserver
2. make sure that the printer drivers are installed on the comp.
3. use a w/l comp on which we can go online
4. connect the w/l comp to the print server using ethernet cable and also connect the printer to the print server
5. put the print server cd into the comp and run setup.
6. make sure printer server is near to router and there is no firewall on the comp.
7. the setup will give the ipaddress to print server if not plz assign static ip on the printserver.
8. follow the wizard
9. it will ask u the w/l settings to enter. plz type the exact same n/w name and security password.and apply the settings.
10.after that it will connect u to the print server and u will be able to print if you will not u will find an error to open port.
11.you need to open standard tcp/ip ports for the printserver ipaddress that u have assigned.
12. if u dont knw, u can ask the comp vendor.
13. plz also confifm that the printer is compatible with ur print server.
It's pretty sad. This device doesn't support Mac and apparently it doesn't support Windows either! I expect a lot more from Linksys. It seems like this is a common problem yet they offer no clear solution on their web site. Do you think maybe Linksys is going out of business and isn't going to support their products anymore?
Firmware upgrade for your print server could fix your problem or kill your print server.
Try this first: SET UP A STANDARD TCP/IP port.
Set a static ip on the print server. Use that ip address to set up your STANDARD TCP/IP PORT. You can do this on the printers and faxes page.
Right click the default printer then click properties. You have to ADD A NEW PORT.
I am afraid, PSUS4 is an older model of print server , which supports only ordinary printers. All in ones are not supported by PSUS4. Linksys have other print server which works with all in one printers. The model number is WPSM54G. Probably you can try that. Also, if the PSUS4 is less than one month old, you can get it replaced with the WPSM54G from the stores itself . The WPSM54G can be used as wired as well as wireless to the router. If you want to use the PSUS4, you may need an ordinary printer like Office jet or laser jet with USB 1.1 version.- Thank you