Question about Linksys EtherFast Cable/DSL Router
Hi my computor and router got broken in the flood they have both been repaired now that they are back how do i reconnect the router to the other computor which is a desk top, and reconnect the router to the laptop so that i can use my lap top again, sorry you will have to walk me through if you help me because i am still in the process of becoming a computor wiz!
1. Disconnect power from your modem and router
2. Connect an ethernet cord from your modem's ethernet port to your router's Internet or WAN port.
3. Connect another ethernet cord from a port on your router (labeled with a "1" above it).
4. Connect power to your modem and router.
5. I'm a little unsure about how you plan to connect your wireless computer to the router. The router you selected when you created this question is not wireless-capable.
If your router is wireless-capable, go to the wireless computer. Follow the instructions for your operating system below.
1. Right-click on the My Network Places icon on your desktop, and select Properties.
2. Right-click on Wireless Network Connection.
3. Right-click on View Available Wireless Networks.
4. Double-click on your network from the list that appears (it should be called "linksys" if you didn't change the name).
1. Click on the network icon on the lower-right of your screen (it should look like two computers with one behind another. It might have a red "X" over it.)
2. Click "Connect to a network" (it also might be labeled "Connect or disconnect")
3. Double-click on your network from the list (it should be called "linksys" if you didn't change the name.
Mac OS X
1. Click on the AirPort menu in the upper right of your screen (it looks like "("s turned on their side).
2. Click on your network in the list that appears (it should be called "linksys" if you didn't change the name).
Posted on Oct 05, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 28, 2012 | Dell Dimension E310 PC Desktop
Apr 27, 2011 | Airlink Router
Jan 16, 2011 | Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router
Jan 06, 2011 | Buffalo Technology WHR-G54S Wireless...
Nov 17, 2010 | Dell TrueMobile 2300 Wireless Broadband...
Mar 23, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Dec 27, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Nov 15, 2008 | Acer Computers & Internet
Nov 03, 2008 | Linksys WRT160N Wireless Router
Jan 22, 2008 | Computers & Internet
127 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!