Question about Linksys EtherFast Cable/DSL Router
Hi my computor and router got broken in the flood they have both been repaired now that they are back how do i reconnect the router to the other computor which is a desk top, and reconnect the router to the laptop so that i can use my lap top again, sorry you will have to walk me through if you help me because i am still in the process of becoming a computor wiz!
1. Disconnect power from your modem and router
2. Connect an ethernet cord from your modem's ethernet port to your router's Internet or WAN port.
3. Connect another ethernet cord from a port on your router (labeled with a "1" above it).
4. Connect power to your modem and router.
5. I'm a little unsure about how you plan to connect your wireless computer to the router. The router you selected when you created this question is not wireless-capable.
If your router is wireless-capable, go to the wireless computer. Follow the instructions for your operating system below.
1. Right-click on the My Network Places icon on your desktop, and select Properties.
2. Right-click on Wireless Network Connection.
3. Right-click on View Available Wireless Networks.
4. Double-click on your network from the list that appears (it should be called "linksys" if you didn't change the name).
1. Click on the network icon on the lower-right of your screen (it should look like two computers with one behind another. It might have a red "X" over it.)
2. Click "Connect to a network" (it also might be labeled "Connect or disconnect")
3. Double-click on your network from the list (it should be called "linksys" if you didn't change the name.
Mac OS X
1. Click on the AirPort menu in the upper right of your screen (it looks like "("s turned on their side).
2. Click on your network in the list that appears (it should be called "linksys" if you didn't change the name).
Posted on Oct 05, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 27, 2011 | Airlink Router
Jan 16, 2011 | Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router
Jan 06, 2011 | Buffalo Technology WHR-G54S Wireless...
Jan 02, 2011 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Nov 19, 2010 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Nov 17, 2010 | Dell TrueMobile 2300 Wireless Broadband...
Oct 26, 2009 | D-Link AirPlus DI-524 Wireless Router
Nov 03, 2008 | Linksys WRT160N Wireless Router
Apr 30, 2008 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
126 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!