Hi, about two weeks ago I started getting about four or five zeros on my radio display followed by an "A". The radio continued to work and the zeros go away for a few seconds when you hit a preset or load a CD but they come back after a couple of seconds. Now, as of yesterday morning the radio and the CD no longer work.
This radio is less than a year old, purchased at Circuit City in the Woodlands Tx.
Where you bought it should have a record of you buying it as well, make sure to bring all thr proof who you are, and try to remember the date you bought it. all the info you can give will help them locate the sales tag.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
There is a four digit code for the radio, the previous owner will know it. Press two bottons at the same time and the display reads "0000". use the first four keys on the radio, that is "1", "2", "3","4" for each of the zeros and enter the code by pressing until the right number is displayed. Then press the same two bottons to enter this code and the radio comes out of safe mode..
Use the first four radio station preset buttons to enter the code.
1: Push radio preset#1 until first digit of your code appears. 2: Push radio preset#2 until second digit of your code appears. 3: Push radio preset#3 until third digit of your code appears. 4: Push radio preset#4 until fourth digit of your code appears. 5: Push either tape or cd button.
What to do if your radio says OFF instead of CODE (Courtesy of mittech)
If your radio says OFF it means you entered the wrong radio code three times. To get it to say CODE again do the following.
1:Turn the key to on or accessory. 2:Push the power button so that the radio display says OFF. 3:Let the car sit for 1 hour. 4:The radio display will go blank. 5:Turn the radio on and it will say CODE again.
when you get the four zeros on the display press no1 for what number you wish to display, then repeat for the following three numbers, eg code is 4 5 6 7 so press number 1 four times, number 2 five times, number 3 six times and number 4 seven times, when code is entered press and hold the number 6 button.this will reactivate the radio.
have you done restore factory settings firstThe Nokia 2160 series hand portable CMT uses an EEPROM NAM that can be programmed directly from the standard user keypad. In order to access the NAM, you must enter the special access code currently programmed into the phone. Once the programming mode is accessed, NAM parameters are loaded by entering them into the display and "storing" them to selected memory locations. Be sure to obtain all parameters before proceeding.
EASY NAM PROGRAMMING
1. Turn on phone.
2. Enter the Easy NAM access code. Access code is: *#639#
3. Verify the display now reads "Cellular Number" and enter the 10 digit MIN for the phone.
4. Press the softkey under the word "OK" in the display. If less than 10 digits are entered an error message will prompt you to reenter the number.
5. Verify the display reads "Enter code" and enter the five digit SID followed by four zeros. (Example 001750000 is a SID of 175 followed by four zeros). An error message will display if an incorrect entry is made. Do not add more than four zeros to the code.
Note: Change the Lock code by adding a pound sign and new lock code after the code. (Example: 001750000#7788. Lock code = 7788).
Change the Language code by adding a pound sign (#) and new language code after the code. (Example: 001750000#2. Language = 2)
1. Four Hundred Seventy-Eight Ten Thousandths 2. One Thousand Four Hundred Thirty Five Ten Thousandths. 3. Three Thousand Two Hundred Five Ten Thousandths. 4. Four thousand Seven Hundred Eighty Four Ten Thousandths. 5. Four Hundred Ninety Seven Ten Thousandths.
1. Zero point zero four seven eight. 2. Zero point one four three five 3. Zero point three two zero five 4. Zero point four seven eight four 5. Zero point zero four nine seven