Constant hourglass symbol on blackberry
Don't reload the OS. There are easier options. When this happened to my pearl I did the following until it worked.
1. Power off then on. No success.
2. Power off with batter out then power on. No success.
3. Deleted extra pictures to clear up some memory. No success.
4. Deleted the Facebook application I installed a couple of days ago. And did a manual restart. No success.
5. Deleted another application that had been installed for about a year but this time let the OS do it's own requested restart to fully uninstall. SUCCESS!!
All along I suspected it was the Facebook application trying to push updates. I deleted memory to clear up space if that was the issue. That wasn't. When I deleted the application I should've let the OS to the requested restart. The only reason I deleted the additional app was so I would get prompted again to do a OS restart.
After restarting, I got a handful of old facebook messages sent to my phone even though the app was no longer there. I deleted the messages but my new problem was that the indicator light was still blinking to show I had new messages even though I didn't. Another power off with battery out finally fixed the whole thing.
It seems like a lot of steps but this was much quicker and easier than reload the OS and losing all my apps.
Apr 12, 2008 |
RIM BlackBerry 7250