Question about Belkin Computers & Internet
They way you do it depends on the wireless access point (router) you have in your home. look for the router manual as you will need this information to get into the specific configuration.
in esence you need to the following:
1. go to your router configuration page. (check your router manual for details on how to this)
2. set an administrator password for your router so only you get access to the configuration page.
3. change the default name for your access point or even better hide it. (set it so it's not broadcasted by the router)
4. setup wireless security (depending on your router your options are wep, wap and wpa2.. set it to wpa2 if possible) this is how your connections its encripted so it's evesdropping becomes difficult or not worthy if someone were to try hard. (now days almost everything is possible with the right tools).
5. make a note of you ssid (name for your access point) and your passphrase.
6. configure your wireless systems to access the access point (router) using the new ssid and the passphrase you configured.
post your name and model of your router and I'll help you getting the manual you need.
Posted on Sep 30, 2008
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 30, 2012 | Belkin Share N300 Wireless Router...
Jul 23, 2010 | IBM ThinkPad R52 Notebook
Apr 26, 2010 | Belkin Wireless G Plus MIMO (F5D9230-4)...
Mar 20, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Jan 06, 2010 | Computer Associates Full Version ...
Aug 19, 2009 | Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) Console
Aug 09, 2009 | Belkin N1 Vision Wireless Router
Feb 06, 2009 | D-Link DI 514 Wireless Router (DI-514)
Jan 20, 2009 | Linksys Computers & Internet
Oct 30, 2008 | Arris SURFboard SBG900 Wireless Router...
Jan 03, 2018 | Belkin Computers & Internet
69 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: