Question about DVD & Blu-Ray Players
1. Power on your player with no disc in the tray. Wait for message "No Disc" in the top left hand corner of your screen.
2. Press and hold the Repeat button on your remote control for approximately 5 seconds.
3. Enter the code below. (Note that you must know what Region your player is currently set to in order to know which code is appropriate.)
for Region 1 use 2, 9, 3, 3 and 4
for Region 2 use 3, 8, 7, 6 and 7
for Region 3 use 5, 6, 7, 3 and 2
for Region 4 use 7, 6, 8, 8 and 4
for Region 5 use 5, 3, 8, 1 and 4
for Region 6 use 2, 4, 4, 6 and 2
4. The message "No Disc" will now be replaced with the default region number of your player. For example, Australian and N.Z players will display a small "4".
5. Press "9" for multi-region.
6. Open tray and insert your title.
7. Close tray.
The player will continue to hold the changes you have made. If this does work for you the first time, keep repeating steps 2&3 until the players default region number appears. The amount of time holding the repeat button does seem critical.
Posted on Apr 20, 2009
Make sure the player is switched on, and is at the Samsung logo
screen. Also check the tray is shut and that there's no disc in the
Now press the REPEAT button on the remote, followed by a five digit
code. This code is different depending on what region your player is
*currently* set to:
R1 - 29334
R2 - 38767
R3 - 56732
R4 - 76884
R5 - 53814
R6 - 24462
So for example if you have an R2 player, press REPEAT-3-8-7-6-7.
If you've done this correctly (and your player is compatible with the
hack), you should see a number at the top left corner of the screen
corresponding to the current region.
Now, pressing any number from 1 to 6 will change to the corresponding
region. Or, press 9 for auto-region mode.
Next, press OPEN/CLOSE to open the tray, followed by Standby (or DVD
POWER) on the remote to close it and put the player into Standby mode.
The next time you turn your player on, the new region will be set.
Don't forget that if you want to hack it again, you'll need to use a
different code, as listed above. If it's currently set to region 9,
use the code for the last *proper* region you set it to.
Posted on Dec 28, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 26, 2011 | Samsung DVD-V90K Multisystem DVD/VCR
Dec 23, 2010 | Samsung BDC6900 3D Bluray Disc Player
Dec 22, 2010 | Pioneer DV-490V-K DVD Player
Dec 02, 2010 | Samsung DVD-VR330 VCR and DVD Recorder
Apr 13, 2009 | Yamaha DVD-S661 HDMI DVD Player
Oct 18, 2008 | Yahoo Diamond Vision DVDC803-04 DVD Player
Jan 01, 2008 | Samsung DVD-V4600 DVD Player/VCR
Dec 08, 2007 | Samsung DVD-HR720 DVD Recorder
745 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!