From the sound of it, perhaps your laptop settings are requesting the administrator's password (your laptop password) to ensure that you (the administrator) would like to install the software?
To my knowledge, Philips Songbird will not ask for an administrator password during installation.
Here is an excellent Support Site for Philips Songbird, including FAQ's, a chat link, software and drivers: http://ow.ly/5PTZu
You can also reach dedicated Consumer Care agents to troubleshoot your mp3 issue by calling 1-888-744-5477.
To install Philips Songbird:
The latest version of Philips Songbird is available for download from www.philips.com/songbird
: For optimal playback of Philips Songbird, please always have the latest version of Quick Time
and Windows Media Player
11 (or later) installed before
installation of Philips Songbird.
- Go to www.philips.com/songbird.
- Click "Download Philips Songbird".
- A window will pop up. Select "Save" to start downloading Philips Songbird.
- Double-click the file you just downloaded to start installation.
- Select the desired language and your country.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to finish installation.
- When installation is completed, click "Finish".
- Restart the computer.