Question about HP PSC 750 All-In-One InkJet Printer
I have been using my printer (all-in-one) with no problems, then out of the blue I start getting the "Incorrect color printer cartridge installed" error. I have the HP 78 color cartridge installed and it's been working up until today.
I removed it then reinstalled it but cannot get the error to clear and allow me to use the print function. HELP!!
I had this same problem and by a luck I fixed it. Not sure if the method to the madness had anything to do with it, but I'll put it down in the order that I did everything.
1. reset to factory defaults
2. pulled all cartridges out. it prompted me to put color in first, then black. message was still blinking so i took out color and put it back in again.
3. i did the partial reset by holding down cancel and left arrow while i unplugged/replugged the printer.
4. no the printer started displaying "remove and check color cartridge" (or something to that degree)
5. i took out color cartridge, cleaned the contacts with water on towel, and replaced cartridge.
6. same message still being displayed, but it allowed me to print a maintenance report. so i then cleaned cartridges and aligned cartridges through standard menu.
7. msg still being displayed, so i turned off/on printer again. this time it came back up with no message at all.
8. printer now works
hope this helps and works for ya'll too!
Posted on Mar 30, 2010
It's a long shot, but I would attempt to reset the device back to defaults. If this HP has a "menu" feature, then factory defaults should be an option. Before doing that (and I know this is a dumb question), have you turned the printer off, then turned it back on after a brief rest?
Let me know if this helps and please remember to rate those who assist you :)
Posted on Sep 29, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 11, 2013 | HP PSC 2410 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Sep 30, 2010 | HP PSC 2355 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jan 18, 2010 | HP PSC 750xi All-In-One InkJet Printer
Apr 19, 2009 | HP PSC 750 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jan 17, 2009 | HP PSC 950 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Dec 22, 2008 | HP PSC 950 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Nov 04, 2008 | HP PSC 2355 All-In-One InkJet Printer
1,753 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!