An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.
Re: Help speedstream modem
To setup the 5100b to connect to the internet? 1. In your internet explorer type in »192.168.0.1 This address will be located on a yellow sticker on the bottom of your modem. 2. The first screen will ask you for your Modem Access Code. This also will be located on the same yellow sticker. 3. At the login screen type in your member ID and password.if you don remember your member id and passwrod cal your broad band help desk 4. Click Connect. 5. If everything is successful you will get a screen that says, "You Are Connected." and your Internet light will go solid green. If you username or password is invalid you will get a screen stating such. If there are other problems you will get a screen stating, "The DSL connection is down."
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. click START-settings-Controll Panel- Network Connections
2. right click on your LOCAL AREA CONNECTION and select PROPERTIES from the menu.
3.when properties opens, select TCP/IP by highliting it, then click on the properties .
4.once the new window opens titled "internet protocol (tcp/ip) Properties you will need to check the boxs that say "Obtain an IP adress automatically" and "Obtain DNS server automatically"
5. Click on OK
Hope this helps, post if you need further assistance.
I would not recommend doing so unless you know what you are doing.
That being said the instructions are on the back of the modem on how to gain access.
Directly connect modem to a computer without a router inbetween. The IP of the modem should be 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1.
After that you will need the access code on the bottom of the modem in order to change it to bridge mode.
Again please do not attempt this if you don't know what you are doing.
I have just set up 4200 with dsl - you may find that you need to reset modem before you can configure. I was told that you need either a grey or yellow cable from your laptop to the modem. I use 10.0.0.138 to access modem. The 4200 I have was from a bigpond a/c - originally configured accordingly. Regards, Richard
* You dont need any special drivers to install modem. * Open up internet explorer, type 192.168.0.1 in the address bar and press enter key. * Now you should see the configuration page of modem. * On the left side, click on Advanced button, below that, you will see "connection configuration" option - click on it.
*** If it asks for modem access code anywhere, you can find the code underneath the modem. please type it ***
* Under this page, you have to enter the email address in username field and password, change the connection type to smart keep alive, click on save changes
* Now it may ask you for restart modem. click on restart. within 1 min, you will be connected to internet.
* You have a new router, and cannot get online to the Internet.
* The Setupwizard will detect dynamic IP even though you have a PPoE connection. (Going to router status on the administration page, there is a private IP address on Internet port. 192.168.x.x range.)
The SBC DSL modem SpeedStream 5100b, used on new DSL and Yahoo SBC DSL installations since Feb. 2004, causes the NETGEAR router Setup Wizards to fail, and prevents routers from connecting to the Internet. This problem affects many router brands.
The modem can be distinguished from the earlier 5100 by a 5th light labeled "Internet".
The SpeedStream 5100b's default configuration is "PPPoE on the Modem" ? matching a built-in PPPoE client convenience feature that sends login ID and password to SBC.
To Work Around These Issues, Configure the Modem for Bridged Mode
Note: In Bridge Mode you cannot to connect to the modem's configuration menu, except by resetting it as described below.
1. Disconnect the router from your network, and connect the computer directly to the SpeedStream modem
2. Open an Internet browser.
3. Type 192.168.0.1 in the browser address field and click Enter. The modem displays a configuration menu.
4. Click Advanced.
5. Enter the "Access Code" printed on the bottom of the modem.
6. Click PPP Location. The PPP Location screen appears.
7. Select Bridged Mode (PPPoE is Not Used).
8. Click Save Changes.
9. Connect the router between the computer and the modem.
10. Power off the modem.
11. Power off the computer.
12. Connect the Internet port of the NETGEAR router to the Ethernet port of the modem.
13. Connect the computer to a LAN port on the NETGEAR router.
14. Power on the modem and wait for 2 minutes. Don't go to the next step until this is finished.
15. Power on the router and wait for 1 minute. Don't go to the next step until this is finished.
16. Power on the computer.
17. Log in to the router by typing 192.168.0.1 in your browser.
18. When prompted, using lowercase letters, type admin for the user name, and password for the password. Some older routers use 1234 for the default password. If you forgot your router password see http://www.fixya.com/ThreadView.aspx?thid=102081&prdid=252188
19. Use the Setup Wizard to connect to the Internet.
To Reset the Modem To Enable Access to the Configuration Screen
1. Disconnect the computer from the modem.
2. Power off the modem.
3. Power off the computer.
4. Connect the Ethernet port of the modem to the computer Ethernet port.
5. Power on the modem and wait for 2 minutes. Don't go to the next step until this is finished.
6. Power on the router and wait for 1 minute. Don't go to the next step until this is finished.
7. Power on the computer.
8. Open an Internet browser.
9. Type 192.168.0.1 in the browser address field and click Enter. The modem displays a configuration menu.
10. Click Advanced.
11. Enter the "Access Code" printed on the bottom of the modem.
12. Click PPP Location. The PPP Location screen appears.
13. Select PPPoE on the modem.
14. Click Save Changes.
15. At the login screen type in your SBC member ID and password (which is usually the primary email address on the SBC DSL account and the password for the primary email address).
16. Click Connect.
* If successful, a screen appears reading "You Are Connected", and the Internet light goes solid green.
* An error will display if the username or password is invalid.
* If there are other problems the message "The DSL connection is down" appears.