I was wondering if you explain which slot the memory card goes in? I am confused since there are 4 slots, although it is obvious that it would not fit in all of them but I do not want to ruin the memory card so if you could explain how and where to put the memory card I would greatly appreciate it.
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: HP Color Laserjet 2840
There is only ONE SLOT for expansion memory for the HP 2840. The slot is located behind a cover on the right side of the machine looking from the front. Once you remove the cover you will see the one and only slot available for printer memory expansion. The slots on the front top corner ARE NOT for printer memory expansion but rather for different styles of photo/camera memory to off-load pictures etc...
If you need the printer memory cheaply (about $25.20 for 128MB) go to www.memory.com. They have it in stock.
Hope that helps you. If so, please rate me with a FIXYA. :) If not give me a yell and I'll help you further.
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Apr 26, 2011 - 2 posts
I have a HP Color LaserJet 2840. If I am ... My Color LaserJet 2840 will only print on the right side of the page, how can I fix this? ... If I am copying or printing from the computer, the printer will only print the right side of the page. ... something obstructing the laser scanner blocking that side of the media path.
10.10.00 SUPPLY MEMORY ERROR Missing memory on supply Black print cartridge
1. Open and close the front door. 2. Ensure the cartridges are fully seated. 3. Swap the cartridge for the color indicated with a cartridge in another slot to determine whether the error follows the cartridge or stays with the slot. If the error follows the cartridge, replace that cartridge, otherwise, continue with step 4. 4. Check the memory controller PCB contacts to the memory tag. Clean if dirty. 5. Reseat the memory controller PCB connector J201 and DC controller PCB connector J1025. 6. Defective memory controller PCB, replace the memory controller PCB. 7. Defective DC controller PCB, replace the DC controller PCB
Doesn't specifically mention the 53.21 error this is the closest they come so you will know it deals with the ram anyway
Control panel message Event
Description Recommended action
53.XY.ZZ CHECK RAM
DIMM SLOT X
To continue press
None An error occurred on some
memory of the printer.
X DIMM Type
Y Device Location
1 DIMM Slot 1
2 DIMM Slot 2
3 DIMM Slot 3
4 DIMM Slot 4
ZZ Error Number
0 unsupported memory
1 unrecognized memory
2 unsupported memory size
3 failed RAM test
4 exceeded maximum RAM size
5 invalid DIMM speed
Press CANCEL JOB. If the problem
persists, replace the DIMM card in
the slot indicated.
The HP Color LaserJet 4650 printer also has three flash memory card slots for printer firmware, fonts, and other solutions. The HP Color LaserJet 4610n does not include any available flash
memory card slots.
■ The first CompactFlash slot is reserved for printer firmware.
NOTE Use the first flash memory card slot for firmware only. The slot is marked “Firmware Slot.”
■ The two additional CompactFlash memory slots in the HP Color LaserJet 4650 printer enable the user to add fonts and third-party solutions, such as signatures and personalities. The slots are
marked "Slot 2" and "Slot 3."
These card slots are located inside the Formater unit. Most likely you either are missing the firmware card or it's defective.
Hope this helps!
Turn the printer on.
2 As the printer performs its power-on sequence, press and hold the PAUSE/RESUME (HP Color
LaserJet 4600 models) or MENU (HP Color LaserJet 4610n and 4650 models) button until all
three lights on the control panel are lit.
3 Press . The message INITIALIZE DISK appears on the control-panel display.
4 Press The printer initializes the hard disk and continues its power-on sequence.
1. Turn the printer on. 2. When the memory count start Press and Hold the "Menu" button. 3. Release the "Menu" button when all 3 LEDs are illuminated. 4. Press the 'back' button. 5. The display will then show "Initialize disks". 6. Press the green "Check" button to start the process. This will take some time. 7. The printer will automatically come back to "Ready" after this procedure.
If the above doesn't work, you may have a bad memory card.
Unplug the machine. On the right side of the machine you will find a cover. Remove the cover and you will find 1 open slot. The machine can take a total of 224MB (96 is built into the machine) leaving 128 available. The memory type is 100pin, 133MHz, SDRAM DIMM.
Simply click the memory into the blank slot and replace the cover.
Once completed, plug the machine back in and print a configuration page. The memory total should be at 224 once you have installed your 128MB.