This is a 2 1/2 year old oven, recently started to turn off while working, sometimes it doesn't turn back on by itself so I have to disconnect/reconnect. I noticed that the wires get a bit warm when it stops working. Now takes like 5 times to reset in order to work. The oven is on its own 30 Amp breaker. What part could be causing this?
Thanks for your help.
I Have A Smeg FME20EX, which keeps turning off, after a couple of minutes, is it worth getting repaired, of should I scrap, it is about 2/3 years old, thanks.
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.
Re: Microwave oven turns off
over-the-range microwave ovens suffer from intermittent problems caused
by excessive moisture from the range/stove entering the microwave
cabinet and collecting on the circuitry. Often the problem is with one
or two simple connections that may need tightening or soldering. But,
to repair these components, the microwave cabinet needs to be opened.
So we recommend that you seek the assistance of a qualified appliance
It may be worth getting it repaired. Shop around for prices and see if it is worth your while to repair it or simply buy a new one :)
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
it sound like the inverter unit is faulty or the magnetron is gone.the only real way to find out which is to change each one in turn,sorry i cant be any more help.if you have any more questions get back in touch,regards les
Sounds like there is a stray piece of wire or other metal floating around inside the case. Remove the cover and any breakables in the microwave (the power cord is unplugged for this), turn it upside down over a table and shake it, pound the bottom, and shake it some more--likely the offending piece will drop out onto the table. If so, put it back together and whack it to see if that fixed the problem (cord plugged back in). This process can be repeated.
Q - My microwave seems to shut off every once in a while, what might be wrong? A - Make sure you hear the fan is still operating in your microwave. Next is to make sure the air intake grill on your microwave is not plugged up with air borne dust and dirt. Q - The fan in my microwave oven is not running will this hurt my microwave? A - YES, the fan cools the magnetron and electronics, take the microwave in for service, most fans are not too expensive to replace. Q - My microwave blows the fuse inside itself as soon as I push the start button. A - Usually a shorted high voltage capacitor...see components section.
It turned out to be the three door attachments that weren't lined up. It has been fixed. We almost bought a new one because Samsung referred us to a service that would have charged way too much to be worth it even thought the machine is only 3 or so years old. Luckily, we looked further. A local independent appliance fixer came to the house and took care of it within a few hours of my call! Yea!
It could be an overheating magnetron. There is a thermostat inside (mounted to the side of the magnetron) which senses excessive heat and opens up, disconnecting the power to the oven.
If that's the case, unplugging it and plugging it back in will not fix it. It will come back on by itself after it cools down. That's another indication that it might be a thermostat kicking out.
You might try to further characterize the failure:
- happens only when cooking on full power?
- also happens when cooking on a low power level?
- shuts down every time you use it?
- only shuts down after XX amount of time cooking?
Once you characterize it more, I can make further suggestions.
It may also be a bad connection on the control panel.