If you are receiving the erro messages on both the printers then its clear that the cartridge is faulty. However please perform teh following steps:
1. ‘Turn on the power’ to the unit and raise the ‘cartridge access cover’. The cartridges will move towards the ‘center’.
2. After the carriage (the cartridge holder) stops, unplug the ‘power cord’ from the back of the unit. This will keep the cartridges from moving back to the ‘capping station’.
3. Remove the cartridge(s) from the carriage.
4. Using a soft, clean, lint-free cloth or a cotton swab lightly moistened with distilled, filtered, or bottled water and gently clean the ‘face’, ‘edges’ and the ‘electrical contacts’. (Change to a clean cotton swab as needed).
CAUTION: Be careful not to touch the ink nozzles on the bottom of the print.
5. Inside the All-in-One, clean the contacts in the print carriage with a slightly dampened soft, clean, lint-free cloth. Allow the electrical contacts to dry completely.
The information provided above is also available in a graphical format at: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?&cc=us&docname=bpu01831
NOTE: Clicking the link may give an error indicating it is ‘Invalid’. If this occurs, copy the ‘first half’ of the link followed by the ‘second half’, exactly beside it, in the ‘address' field of the ‘browser’ you use.
Note: Please do not insert the cartridge before performing the steps given below.
Check if the issue is resolved. If the issue persists, please perform a power-cycle on the unit.
1. Unplug the power supply from the wall outlet. 2. Unplug the power supply from the back of the printer. 3. Wait at least 20 seconds, then plug in the supply back into the wall outlet. 4. Plug in the power supply back into the printer. 5. Press the power button to turn the printer on.
Verify the results.
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.
Re: Wrong Printer Cartridge error
Yes you can reset the printer using. On the all-in-one front panel (this option is not available for the HP PSC 1300 series), press
, and then press
. The all-in-one will reset to the factory defaults
Reset the all-in-one by unplugging the power cord and then plugging it back in.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Make sure you are inserting the correct cartridge versions for your Lexmark X5470 printer. Color cartridges compatible for your model are #33 and #35.
Try to re-insert the right cartridge into the printer. If that doesn't help, remove the right cartridge from your printer again. Close the printer cover. Re-brick your printer. Pull out the power
supply, black box where the power cord is plugged in at the back of the
printer, and put it back after 30 seconds. When the printer turns on, re-insert your right cartridge. Close the printer cover and check for any errors. Try to print a document to verify that the problem is fixed. If the problem continues, try to do the Clean Cartridge function from the printer operator panel. On Copy mode, press the Menu button > select Tools > select Maintenance > select Clean Cartridges. Your printer will then print a page forcing ink through the cartridge nozzles and clean them. Try to print a document to verify that the problem is fixed. If the error still appears on the display screen, you probably have a faulty cartridge. Please replace it with a new genuine Lexmark cartridge.
well in this case its not recognizing the cartridge. questions to think about. is it a cartridge that has been refilled, if so I will say it is defective and where you bought it needs to make good on it.check the electronic tab at the front of the cartridge that hits the sensor in the slot is it creased or dirty. has it been left out long, they do dry out at the front. no in a rare case it may be an eelectronic prob and in that case according to the model # I think you should be still in warranty. try another cartridge if you have one
If all else fails try this it might be a factory defect
Use 1-800-822-8965 and drill down to where it asks for your express service code (on the tag under the cartridge cover ) for your printer
if this helped please spare a moment and rate the service so we can better help you in future
The error 1203 error message on the operator panel could indicate a problem with one of the ink cartridges. Please follow the steps given below:
1. Please make sure the All-In-One is powered on.
2. Pull the control panel towards you, and then open the cartridge access door. The print cartridge carrier moves and stops at the loading position.
3. Pull the old cartridges towards you, and then lift them out.
4. With the cartridges out of the printer, shut the access door and the control panel.
5. Power the printer OFF and then back ON.
6. Please check the operator panel to see if the same error has returned or if a new message has appeared.
7. If the message displayed is 1203, there is something wrong with the printer hardware.
If the message now displaying is Cartridge Missing, do the following:
1. Reinstall the cartridges into the printer.
2. Insert the color cartridge in the left carrier. Insert the black cartridge in the right carrier.
3. Push back firmly on the cartridges until they snap securely into place.
4. Close the cartridge access door, and then close the control panel.
5. If the 1203 message is still present on the operator panel, you need to insert one cartridge at a time to determine which cartridge is producing the failure.
6. With one cartridge in the carrier, close the access door and control panel.
7. Please check the operator panel. If the 1203 error is displayed, this cartridge is the defective item. If the Cartridge Missing message is displayed, the second cartridge is producing the failure.
8. Please replace the defective cartridge.
take cartridge out again and inspect carefully the circuit inside the printer where the cartride goes. Look for dust, dirt, ink etc. Try using a can of air to clean the area too. Not sure if it will be visible but look for a ribbon cable near the circuit area too that may be loose. You might want to take it to a local computer shop ( not a chain store like best buy etc ) often they can do a simple repair pretty cheap and fast. Good luck
when the error E5 is ocured it means the COLOR cartridge is either the WRONG cartridge, or you have a balck cartridge in the color cartridges spot. Please verify you have the correct cartridges in the correct locations, and that you may not have installed the black in the colors location. Please let me know if this fixes your problem. Thanks //D
a) Verify the right color cartridge is in the right slot.
b) Verify that the cartridge is fully inserted (Press on front of cartridge) top gently to ensure the "Electrical" contacts make good contact.
c) Turn printer off/on