Question about E-Machines eMachines Desktop PC
My keyboard doesnt work on my repaired emachine. I dont know what the shop did wrong
Despite it being old, may be helpful:
I believe (From years running a computer support company) that eMachines keyboards have different controllers - probably intentionally - that will only work with eMachines computers. If you've changed the motherboard whilst repairing your PC then this will definitely be the culprit - sorry, it's new keyboard time!
Posted on Jan 11, 2009
1. check your keyboard is plugged in the right port (ps/2 ports for mouse and keyboard look alike, each have a 6 pin mind din connector, but they're different colors and not interchangeable, make sure you got them connected where they're supposed to be.
2. test the keyboard on another machine if possible (to rule out your keyboard as the problem).
3. do you see any lights blinking on your keyboard when the computer starts (if not there's problem with either your motherboard or the keyboard itself)
4. is there any error when the machine boots? (I think error 301 is the keyboard error) check number 1.
5. if possible try to use a usb keyboard (hopefully your bios will have usb support enable other wise your usb keyboard may not work.)
Posted on Sep 29, 2008
Could be a couple of things.
First, try connecting another keyboard using the same type of connection as your keyboard. (PS2, or USB). If that one works in the machine; then it's more then likely that there is a problem with your keyboard.
If it doesn't work, it may be a problem with the system itself or possibly a software problem. To test a keyboard is very simple and this test is integrated in most of the BIOS startup systems today. Simply press more than 7 keys right when you turn your power on to the system. If it beeps after a few seconds of holding or brings up a keyboard error, then the keyboard is communicating with the system. If there's a keyboard error that actually states that there is no keyboard present; then there is a problem.
I hope this helps you narrow it down. If it's not the keyboard itself, and you can't get any keyboards to work, I'd have that shop take another look at what they did.
Posted on Sep 29, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 05, 2012 | Computers & Internet
Dec 10, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Jul 11, 2011 | E-Machines eMachines T3830 PC Desktop
Jul 11, 2010 | E-Machines eMachines Desktop PC
Apr 14, 2010 | HP Compaq 6715b Notebook PC
Feb 15, 2010 | eMachines D3315 PC Desktop
Dec 03, 2009 | E-Machines eMachines Desktop PC
Nov 02, 2008 | E-Machines eMachines Desktop PC
Oct 23, 2008 | Apple MacBook 13"White /2.0Ghz Intel Core2...
407 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!