Iertutil.dll Error MessagesThere are several different ways
that iertutil.dll errors can show up on your computer. Here are some of
the more common ways that you might see iertutil.dll errors:
- "Iertutil.dll Not Found"
- "This application failed to start because iertutil.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."
- "Cannot find [PATH]\iertutil.dll"
- "The file iertutil.dll is missing."
- "Cannot start [APPLICATION]. A required component is missing: iertutil.dll. Please install [APPLICATION] again."
error messages might appear while using or installing certain programs,
when Windows starts or shuts down, or maybe even during a Windows
The context of the iertutil.dll error is an important piece of information that will be helpful while solving the problem.
Cause of Iertutil.dll ErrorsIertutil.dll errors are caused by situations that lead to the removal or corruption of the iertutil DLL file
In some cases, iertutil.dll errors could indicate a registry
problem, a virus or malware
issue or even a hardware
How to Fix Iertutil.dll ErrorsImportant:
Do not download iertutil.dll from a "DLL download" website. There are many reasons why downloading a DLL file is a bad idea
. If you need a copy of iertutil.dll, it's best to obtain it from its original, legitimate source.Note: Start Windows in Safe Mode
to complete any of the following steps if you're unable to access Windows normally due to the iertutil.dll error.
- Restore iertutil.dll from the Recycle Bin. The easiest possible cause of a "missing" iertutil.dll file is that you've mistakenly deleted it.
If you suspect that you've accidentally deleted iertutil.dll but you've already emptied the Recycle Bin, you may be able to recover iertutil.dll with a free file recovery program.
Recovering a deleted copy of iertutil.dll with a file recovery program
is a smart idea only if you're confident you've deleted the file
yourself and that it was working properly before you did that.
- Run a virus/malware scan of your entire system.
Some iertutil.dll errors could be related to a virus or other malware
infection on your computer that has damaged the DLL file. It's even
possible that the iertutil.dll error you're seeing is related to a
hostile program that's masquerading as the file.
- Use System Restore to undo recent system changes.
If you suspect that the iertutil.dll error was caused by a change made
to an important file or configuration, a System Restore could solve the
- Reinstall the program that uses the iertutil.dll file. If the iertutil.dll DLL error occurs when you use a particular program, reinstalling the program should replace the file.
Try your best to complete this step. Reinstalling the program that
provides the iertutil.dll file, if possible, is a likely solution to
this DLL error.
- Update the drivers for hardware devices
that might be related to iertutil.dll. If, for example, you're
receiving a "The file iertutil.dll is missing" error when you play a 3D
video game, try updating the drivers for your video card.
The iertutil.dll file may or may not be related to video cards - this
was just an example. The key here is to pay very close attention to the
context of the error and troubleshoot accordingly.
- Roll back a driver to a previously installed version if iertutil.dll errors began after updating a particular hardware device's driver.
- Run the sfc /scannow System File Checker command to replace a missing or corrupt copy of the iertutil.dll file. If this DLL file is provided my Microsoft, the System File Checker tool should restore it.
- Install any available Windows updates. Many service packs and other patches
replace or update some of the hundreds of Microsoft distributed DLL
files on your computer. The iertutil.dll file could be included in one
of those updates.
- Test your memory and then test your hard drive. I've left the majority of hardware troubleshooting to the last step, but your computer's memory and hard drive are easy to test and are the most likely components that might cause iertutil.dll errors as they fail.
If the hardware fails any of your tests, replace the memory or replace the hard drive as soon as possible.
- Repair your installation of Windows.
If the individual iertutil.dll file troubleshooting advice above is
unsuccessful, performing a startup repair or repair installation should
restore all Windows DLL files to their working versions.
- Use a free registry cleaner
to repair iertutil.dll related issues in the registry. A free registry
cleaner program may be able to help by removing invalid iertutil.dll registry entries that might be causing the DLL error.
I rarely recommend the use of registry cleaners. I've included the
option here as a "last resort" attempt before the destructive step
coming up next.
- Perform a clean installation of Windows. A clean install of Windows will erase everything from the hard drive
and install a fresh copy of Windows. If none of the steps above correct
the iertutil.dll error, this should be your next course of action.
All the information on your hard drive will be erased during a clean
install. Make sure you've made the best attempt possible to fix the
iertutil.dll error using a troubleshooting step prior to this one.
- Troubleshoot for a hardware problem if any iertutil.dll errors persist. After a clean install of Windows, your DLL problem can only be hardware related.
Any doubts you can contact a technician through the website
Toll Free: 877 407 8229