- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Light comes on means there is power and your door is open.
Thermal fuse failure means there is no heat. No current going through your heating circuit. Most models and brands will still turn the drum without heat. But there are some models thermal fuse will completely shut the power to heating circuit and drum motor. Like KENMORE certain dryers made by Whirlpool corporation
From the model number it seems this machine was made by Whirlpool for Kenmore. The thermal fuse is on front bottom near the blower wheel.
a) Pop open the front panel.
b) Then remove front door panel by removing the two secrews
c) Remember to disengage the door switch wiring
d) you will see the thermal fuse near the blower compartment.
e) If thermal fuse is burned out then it should not have continuity on OHMS scale on a multimeter.
Check your exhaust leading from your dryer because kinks and lint blockage are the leading cause for exhaust high temperature thermal fuse to burn out causing it to run with no heat. The thermal fuse for a front loading 110.88752791 is part number=> 3399849 Thermal Fuse
How to check these parts can be found on the same above pages, If rhe model I listed is not your model let me know and I will send you links to other models with the same model number as 110.88752791, Thank You Sea Breeze
The thermal fuse is located on the blower housing while the thermal cut-off is located on the heater housing. If the dryer is electric, runs but doesn't heat, the thermal fuse is not the problem; otherwise the dryer will not run because the thermal fuse is wired in series with the motor and cuts power to the motor when it fails. The problem could the heating element, high-limit thermostat, thermal cut-off, or cycling thermostat. These components can be found in the blower housing and the heater housing depending on the model of the dryer. Specify the model number of the dryer for a more specific advice.
1. No power to the dryer Make sure there's power getting to the dryer. Check for tripped circuit breakers or blown fuses. An electric dryer uses two circuit breakers or fuses, and if only one of two is tripped or blown, the dryer might still run but not heat. Sometimes the power cord disconnects or burns at the dryer, if this is the case, the wiring and the terminal block must be repaired or replaced.
2. Heating element A burned out heating element will show no continuity when measured with a meter. Replace the element if found defective.
3. Thermal fuse Most dryers have a thermal fuse, which burns out when the dryer overheats, in which case the dryer will either not run at all or stop heating. The fuse is usually located on the vent duct, inside the dryer. A blown fuse will show no continuity when measured with a meter. Before replacing the fuse, make sure the blower wheel is not broken or clogged, and there is nothing blocking the venting.
CHECK THERMAL FUSE ON BLOWER HOUSING IF OPEN (BLOWN) ALSO CHANGE HEATING ELEMENT THERMAL CUT-OFF (THERMAL FUSE) 309 DEGREES AND HIGH-LIMIT THERMOSTAT 250 DEGREES. GO TO www.repairclinic.com ENTER MODEL NUMBER AND LOOK FOR PARTS 2986 AND 2651 OR 2924. ALSO LOOK AT PART 2895. WHEN YU GET THERE SCROLL ALL THE WAY DOWN AND CLICK THE RED 100 AND LOOK FOR THESE PARTS ONE OR MORE IS YOUR PROBLEM GOOD LUCK
First you need to know your dryer over heated and the thermal fuse tripped for a reason.
You will need to replace the thermal fuse, thermal fuses are there to protect the dryer. When you have the dryer apart clean all the venting and vacuum out the dryer. Look online for a parts supplier in your area, you will need your model and serial number to order the thermal fuse they are about ten dollars.
how long is the venting, does it exceed 20 feet, how many elbows. Make sure the outside hood is clean