Yesterday, my phone was accidentally dropped in a pool. I took out the battery, dried it off, and let it sit for a few hours. Last night, I re-assembled it, and it works! Unfortunately, if I close the phone, it will turn off. Also, I have no service whatsoever. I tried pressing the reset button, but nothing happened.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If you dropped it in water, you should have immediately took out the battery and then left it to dry for several days in warm dry area preferably with a fan blowing on it. The damage unfortunately has already been done and the phone will need to be replaced. Thank you, Lee
I also dropped my Samsung Impression in the toilet, I immediately took the phone took the protective case off, took the battery cover off, and took the battery and my SIM card out and towel dried it as best as I could. Then I sat it on the floor next to my fan and let it dry until I got to my grandparents a little while later and I put it in a bowl of rice, completely covered the phone and battery with rice and left it sit overnight in the rice and all of the next day, so far i've had it on about 20 minutes and have had no problems with it so far, another solution is to sit it in the sun, to further dry it out. Water damage will void warranties on your phone and battery and your provider will know instantly if the damage was water related when they take your battery cover off, there is a small square sticker that when dry and hasn't touched water should be white, but as soon as it comes into contact with water it turns red, there is also one of these stickers on the battery. My stickers were red and after sitting in the rice they look like they got lighter in color considerably, I don't know if that is really possible but appearance wise it looks that way. I hope this helps anyone who has had this problem. Good Luck!
I dropped my phone in the toilet and surprisingly it still works. First I took the battery off and dried the phone and battery as much as I could. Then I took my blow dryer and a towel where I folded the towel in half and positioned the phone and the blow dryer under the towel and left it going for about an hour. The next day I took the phone and sat it in the sun until the inside moisture was gone. Then I charged it my phone has been working fine ever since and that was nearly two months ago.
Sometimes when electronics are dropped in water, you can still use the. Circut boards have a silicon coat over the circut boards for instances like this. Depending on how long it was in the water, you may be able to still use it. Let the phone dry out for about 24 hrs (take out battery and back cover) then try to replace the battery and start it back up. If it doesnt turn on the circuts were affected and it broken.
caring for the touch screen includes touching the screen with clean and DRY hands., if your phone fell in the water, it will likely damage the touch screen.. contact your nearest LG repair center.. i hope your phone will soon be fine..
Well you know now that the warranty is void, so you should take the phone to a mobile service center and have them service it to try and have it working for you again......but most water/liuid damaged phones are like a 50/50 chance of working again.
Take the battery off, unfold the phone, set it in a warm, dry place and pray like heck. plugging it in may help it stay warm but leave it off.
If its minor water exposure it'll likely be fine in 2-3 days.