- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Look in the "Control Panel"...install/uninstall programs.
You may also find it by double clicking on "My Computer", Click on your "C Drive", then right click on "Open", Double click "Programs", and look for the download manager there, it may be in the Firefox folder...you can also remove it from there if you want to, but it is better to remove it from the install/uninstall program
I hope this helps
I resolved my error and maybe you should try uninstall, install one more time.
For what ever reasons, I uninstalled the programs then reinstalled the program and the files are complete again.
I know I did this once before and it did not fix the problem either times so perhaps you can try it one more time.
Simply ask the RCA software to uninstall from your pc harddrive, making sure that all the files have been removed including any RCA Detective and EasyRip. Then go to the RCA website and sort through the Support and Download Updates and find the EasyRip software you can download for free from the site and follow the instructions, making sure that your player is connected to the pc while you install the software again.
Good luck and give that a try. Tell us your results here.
I just resolved this same boot error problem with my Memorex MMP8567 mp3 player. After talking to technical support, they could not resolve it, so I decided to try it myself. Here is what I did step by step:
1. Downloaded and installed the firmware for the player from memorex web site.
2. In windows xp, click on Start>All Programs>Digital Audio Player>Memorex MMP8567 Firmware Download to start the firmware program.
3. Connect the USB cable for the player to the computer's USB port.
4. Remove battery from the mp3 player and connect it to USB cable. At the same time depress and hold BOTH the 'menu' button on the left of the player and the volume control button on the right of the player for a few seconds until you see "initializing" in your firmware software program. Then click on the "format" option within this same firmware program. (Note: this will erase all your files on the player, but will also get rid of whatever is causing the boot errors!)
5. When the firmware program is ready, click on start and wait until it is finished.
Okay...MacAffee is causing problems with your connection and with the download/update. You will need to right click on the MacAffee icon in the system tray (bottom right of the screen) and open the program to turn it off (or just quit the program). Also make sure your firewall is down when doing this.
Re-install BBDMS (aka Rhapsody), and allow the update to happen. Once this is complete (assuming that MacAffee is the only anti-virus software running) launch the program, connect your MP3 player, and "authorize" the player on your computer.
This should take care of the problem.
I would also recomend a different anti-virus and firewall program. AVG isn't as invasive, and PCTools firewall will allow you to configure what programs are allowed to use the internet.
try downloading the MP3 player recovery tool from Creative's website (the tool contains the latest firmware update available -- 1.15.03). Plug your ZV+ into your PC, run the program and let it update the firmware. Then format, reload your music and try it.
mobiBLU has a "software fix" for this problem. I had the same thing happen to my player. I had to return the machine to them. When I received the machine back, they said that I could have downloaded a program from them. So I went to their site and did. When I returned my player to mobiBLU, they had it for only about 3 hours and put it back in the mail! I shipped it USPS with a "confirmation Return Receipt". It showed delivery at 12:34 PM..and the Return E-mail from them was dated (same day) at 2:57 PM. PRETTY FAST..HUH! I have the Program in my computer. It came zipped. I opened it and ran it. Fixed the problem right off. You can call mobi BLU and I am sure they will e-mail you the program. It is only 2.22 MB. The program IS:
Firmware file version 188.8.131.520 It even says **SYSTEM ERROR FIX** DAH-1900 Updater M110 060424.exe This Updater Program also has all the "PODDER" stuff on it too! I don't know enough about my computer or I would E-mail it to you!