I have Satelite Wildblue internet connection, I have been trying to use my Belkin Wireless Router to connect 3 computers to the wildblue modem.
Belkin router I have is N Wireless Router Model # F5D8233-4.
Wild blue does not support Routers but told me they will work with their systems.
I have tried connecting using the wireless feature and hard wire feature but my connection is very slow and most of the time goes limited and I end up fighting with it. any suggestions?
Re: Wireless Router use with Wildblue Satelite Modem
You should be aware of a class action lawsuit that Belkin and the complaintent settled recently. The lawsuit was filed complaining that certain Belkin routers did not obtain optimal speeds as advertised.
Belkin has agreed to provide affected customers a discount program to purchase a new router. You will need to search elsewheres for the details.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Are you trying to install the router ? Your internet service provider is wildblue. First make sure that your computer is able to go online when connected directly to the modem. If not then you will need to contact ISP and get internet working on modem. If yes then you can set up the router manually. Click Here for more info about router set up
you will need to check the settings of the router. Your internet service provider id wildblue. If you connect the computer directly to the modem , without any router , does it work ? Click Here for step by step solution
There are a few things that can cause you to lose wireless connection with your wireless router.
1. Weak signal strength, check the signal strength on your wireless card. If it is weak move the Belkin wireless router away from walls and if possible move the wireless router higher up.
2. Have you secured your wireless router from people near your from unauthorized access? Ie. changes the default password, setup encryption use WAP2 or WAP, change the default SSID, turn off SSID broadcast, and for added protection, enable MAC address filtering which allows the MAC address/es of your wireless card/s to connect to your wireless router.
3. You could be getting interference from electrical sources such as air conditioners, ard welders, washing machines etc. If so the power supply to the wireless routers and computers etc should be connected to a surge protection power board, better still connect your computer equipment to an UPS (Uninterrupted Power Supply) .
4. Check the channels of the wireless routers and access points in your area and and change the broadcast channel on your wireless router to an unused channel or one that has the weakest signal strength. This will minimize the interference with your wireless router from the wireless routers and access points in your area.
try to chk out the firmware of the router. in most of the cases firmware are the major problem for the disconnection of the connection if the device has been purchased a while ago. visit ur belkin website and look for the firmware for your router model no.
if the device is new then try to decrease the mtu size and temporarily disable the firewall of the router
thanx and regards
Make sure your physical connection is correct. From the modem, the ethernet cable should plugged in to the Internet/WAN port of the router. And your computer to port 1. Access the setup page of the router again and Enable the MAC Address Clone setting. Clone the MAC Address of your PC there then power cycle the router and modem. You should be all set.
Try the manual method.connect router to pc with ethernet cable
1.logon to 192.168.0.1
2.Connection type ; PPPOE
3.type in your username@ISp and pass
5.Configure wireless setting(SSID,Wep)
Configure pc with the same SSID and WEP
uplug the ethernet cable and check if your are able t connect wireless