- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
believe it or not, the propane tank may be too full. The vapor space is taken up and you have very little vapor. Run some warm water over the tank. The garden hose may be enough but if you get no frost line the water will need to be warmer. The warm water causes the liquid fuel to turn into vapor. Do not use boiling hot water. Another thing is oening the valve. Most propane tanks have safety valves. If the gas escapes faster than a normal rate, the valve closes. Open the valve slowlyand lt it burn for about 10 minutes before opening the valve further. It will get better as the fuel is used up and the vapor space in the tank increases. In real cold climates a heater blanket, sleeve is used tho keep the bottle warm. The vapor also creates the the needed pressure to move the gas through the system to the burners. Good Luck-Ned_
The yhernocoupler would snuff the pilot if bad. What ignites the overhead burners? and what regulates the overhead gas supply? Look into this. Too much gas will not light as easily as proper balance gas and air. Even more so in a tower type heater.. Turn the gas on low and the pilot should grab it. Good luck
Your thermocoupler seems at fault. The thermocoupler is that probe that sits in the pilot flame. It controls the main fuel valve. Make sure that probe is in the pilot flame, better at the tip of the flame and hold the button down for a minute or so after lighting the pilot. If pilot extinguishes, the coupler is faulty. If pilot stays on the heater should fire up when you let up on the pilot button.. Good luck
Well, I just went out this morning and worked on the heater after it would not light last night. Turns out that a spider or moth set up camp in the pilot light intake housing and plugged up the two small mixer holes that pull in air for the pilot light. This would explain the 'yellow-flame'. I took a punch awl and some compressed air and cleaned out the hole, then re-installed the cover and knob. Lastly, I turned and depressed the knob and the pilot light ignited almost instantly, stayed on when I let the knob up, and the heater turned on normally after that. Good luck, I hope this helps.
I'm told by Charmglow that the problem is the Thermocouple. iHowever,it took me several calls to get someone to admit this. They are sending a new thermocoupler. My heater is less than a year old and under warranty--but it's a shame things like this happen.
Originally I was told it could'nt be the thermocoupler as they normally last at least 5 years.