My e250 will not turn off & will not turn on-Screen is gray w/vert. lines in it
I was downloading and charging unit like I do every day. I unpluged my player & plugged in my wife's Magnavox Player to load some songs from my screen. When finished, I unplugged her player and plugged in my e250 again to finish charging, but the screen went gray w/vertical lines all the way across it & the function dial is still lit blue and it will not respond.
The unit is completely locked up & I have no idea how to shut it down. This is my life line for work! I'm a postal worker & w/out this I will not make it through the nite!
Re: My e250 will not turn off & will not turn on-Screen...
You need to remove the battery and let the system power down completely. I have had this problem and the others I have seen on this site. Removing and reinstalling the battery solves many problems. Just letting the battery drain is not good for it and may take a really long time.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I had a very similar problem where my Sansa would turn on show the initial logo then fade to a white/grey screen and restart.
To fix it started in recovery mode (Start in hold mode with rec button held down) then used the firmware updater to update the software and it seems to had fixed the problem
hope this also works for you
Switch your Sansa e250 to its Recovery Mode:
1. Make sure the player is powered off
2. Enable the "Hold" switch (located on the top of the player). You would know it's enabled when you see the "orange-colored" surface
3. Press the "Record" button. Make sure you keep it pressed while pressing on the "Menu" button.
4. keep your fingers pressed on these 2 buttons until the e250 LCD screen displays "Welcome to Recovery Mode" (if the LCD remains black, keep pressing long enough -- about 10 seconds -- then proceed to the next step)
5. Connect your e250 to your computer. (Just a reminder: The minimum Operating System requirements for a Sansa E200 player is Windows XP and above)
6. Double-click on "My Computer" and you would see your Sansa e250 appear as a "16 MB" drive. Note: If you do not see that "16 MB" drive/partition, please repeat steps 1-6.
Next, Apply the firmware for the e250 (your player should be connected to your PC at this time):
Use this link to download the firmware for your Sansa e250 (for better results, please save this file on your "Desktop":
or use this Sansa Firmware Updater link:
Double left-click on the downloaded file, and follow the on-screen prompts. The file will automatically re-flash your player (or find the most updated firmware) and format it as well, thereby clearing all possible file/system corruptions that may have occurred.
When the process is complete, unplug your e250 from your computer, and please make sure you disable the "Hold" switch
Power up your e250 and 90-99% of the time, it would boot up successfully.
I hope this helps.