Question about HP PC Desktops
1. check your system meets the requirements for your device:
• Minimum system requirements: 800 MHz Intel® Pentium® III
processor or equivalent, 1.6 GHz Intel® Pentium® IV processor or
equivalent recommended (Actual drive performance depends on PC
• 128 MB RAM (256 MB RAM recommended for video editing)
• 1024 x 768 video resolution with a minimum of 16-bit color required
for DVD authoring and editing
• Video capture: IEEE 1394 interface or analog video capture device
• Minimum hard disk space requirements: 1 GB free for included
software installation, 10 GB free for DVD video disc creation (18 GB
free for double layer). Internet connectivity recommended for software
• Operating system compatibility: Microsoft Windows XP/2000
Professional SP4, Windows XP Professional x64 edition, and
Windows Server 2003
2. Have you install the sowftware that came with your device?
3. is your system recognizing the hard drive (go to start>run>type devmgmt.msc and press enter> and look under cd/dvd rom drives... is your device listed? is it showing with a ? unknown device or a ! next to it's name?
a. if the device is not listed chances are you didn't set up the jumper correcly when installing the device or the device may not be powered or there's an issue with the data cable connectd to the device and the motherboard, check your physical setup.
4. check the removable media is in fact compatible with your drive: this is the compatibility list
• Device write media compatibility: CD-R, CD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+R DL,
DVD+RW, DVD-R, DVD-R DL, DVD-RW, LightScribe CD-R,
LightScribe DVD+R, LightScribe DVD-R, 4.7 GB single-sided/9.4 GB
double-sided DVD-RAM (2.6 GB single-sided/5.2 GB double-sided
media not supported)
• Device read media compatibility: DVD-ROM, DVD+R, DVD+R DL,
DVD+RW, DVD-R, DVD-R DL, DVD-RW, DVD-Video, 4.7 GB
single-sided/9.4 GB double-sided DVD-RAM (2.6 GB
single-sided/5.2 GB double-sided media not supported), CD-R,
CD-RW, CD-DA, CD Extra, CD-ROM (Mode 1 - Yellow Book),
CD-ROM/XA & CD-I Ready (Mode 2/Form 2 – Green Book),
Photo-CD (single and multi-session), VCD, CD-Text
data taken from http://h20426.www2.hp.com/product/opticaldevices/sg/en/pdf/dvd940i_dataSheet.pdf
Posted on Sep 28, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 08, 2010 | PC Desktops
Feb 28, 2010 | HP PAVILION SLIMLINE S7520N AMD Turion 64,...
Feb 09, 2010 | HP PAVILION SLIMLINE S7520N AMD Turion 64,...
Aug 31, 2009 | HP Compaq dx2250 Microtower - Get 3...
Jul 26, 2009 | HP PC Desktops
May 02, 2009 | PC Desktops
Sep 22, 2008 | HP PC Desktops
173 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: