An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
Re: How to re-format Dell Inspiron E1705 Laptop
If you want to completely erase all data on your hard drive, and start
with a fresh installation of Windows, the process is pretty simple.
Boot to you Windows Media Disc, delete the existing Windows Partition
(Normally the 1st NTFS partition) then create a new NTFS partition,
format it, then install WIndows to that partition. After the Windows
installation completes, then install the drivers (Normally in this
Desktop system Software (Dell Specific)
Wireless (If Equipped)
Touchpad (If Equipped)
Card reader (If Equipped)
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You can remove or change the Window's User or administrator's password. You need access to a computer with Internet access to download the Hiren's Boot CD and burn it onto a CD. Then insert this CD into the laptop/computer and boot up the laptop/computer with the Hiren's CD and follow the instructions. There are very useful utilities CD and it a Linux boot CD which contains quite a lot of Utility programs including a password removal program. Click on one of these links to download HIREN'S BOOTCD :- http://www.hirensbootcd.net/http://184.108.40.206/
I can tell you how to format your drive but you should know that this should be done after you have tried everything else to fix your system.
I will assume a Microsoft Operating System such as XP, Vista or windows 7. Put your cd/DVD in the tray and reboot. When prompted check the box to install the OS. With this method the format is done before the install. Another (more difficult) method is to use a program such as Partiton Magic to create partitions and format your drive.
There are two ways to do this: with a CD or with the recovery partition. If your laptop didn't come with an OS install CD, then it has a recovery partition on the hard drive. Once you figure out which option you need to use, it's just a matter of following the directions in the on-screen prompts.
Your system comes with on-board diagnostics. Run the diagnostics to check if the problem is with the drive or windows.
To run the diagnostics follow the steps below
1. Shutdown the system
2. Press the Fn+Power button together
3. The screen will display color screens
4. Follow the prompts until it takes you to advanced diagnostics
5. Do a custom test on the optical drive.
If you are unable to run the diagnostics
1. Find the dell resource cd that came with the system
2. Insert the cd in and restart the computer
3. At the Dell logo screen press the f12 slowly 5 times
4. Select boot from cd/dvd drive
5. Press any key to boot from cd .... message appears press enter
6. If the system starts from the cd .. this would mean the drive is ok