Question about D-Link 802.11g Wireless Router WBR-1310 (WBR1310)
Router has 4 ports and wireless capacity . Only 2 desktop systems are connected to the DLINK Router . The purpose is to be able utilize the internet connection provided by our dsl modem simult. on both systems.
Problem : Every couple of hour we have to unplug the router and plug it back in to restore the connection to both systems. Basically "Reset" the router. Something has to be wrong. CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ???????????????
Tim & Maria
Supposedly the firmware 1.03 was suppose to fix this. However, I still have the problem and when i try to unplug the power to the router and plug it back in, then it often times just lights up all the lights solid and refuses to work. I have to unplug it again and again to get it to work.
It usually will work for a few weeks at a time then have a really bad day where it locks up every 10min to an hour. Gets really annoying.
Posted on Nov 09, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 14, 2011 | D-Link DIR-600 Router
May 09, 2011 | D-Link Xtreme N Wireless-N Gigabit Router...
I was banging my head for 2 days with about 35 different configurations and finally tried the following and it worked just fine. Also, tried connecting 3 computers and they all connected with "NO" issues. Even connected wireless with "NO" issues. Now I am at 20mb download speed...J compared to AT&T 1.5mb download speed.
This is my DLINK model -> (DIR-601 Wireless N 150 Home Router Wireless router)
1. Reset your Comcast Surfboard Cable Modem by unplugging it for 5 minutes.
2. Then reset your DLINK Router to the manufactures default settings. Then Unplug DLINK Router for 1 minute then plug it back in (Just plug your cat5 cable into port 1 and connect it to your computer) there should not be anything else plugged into the DLINK Router at the time you make the changes. Just 1 computer can be connected.
3. Went into the DLINK configuration 192.168.0.1 and changed the PPPOE setting that I was using for my AT&T Modem to Dynamic IP (DHCP). Once you make the changes save them and then unplug your DLINK Router it's off.
4. Turn on Comcast Surfboard Cable Modem and wait until all lights are on. Now plug in a cat5 cable from the Surfboard Comcast modem (NOT A CROSSOVER CABLE LIKE THE CD INDICATES) to the INTERNET port of your DLINK Router. Now turn on your DLINK router.
5. Then turn on your computers or restart them and it will pick up IP Addresses from your DLINK Router
Jun 08, 2010 | D-Link Wireless N 150 Home Router 4Port...
Feb 20, 2010 | D-Link DI 514 Wireless Router (DI-514)
Apr 06, 2009 | NetGear WGR614 54Mbps Wireless Router...
Nov 18, 2008 | D-Link Dlink DI-514 Air Wireless 2.4 GHz...
Oct 08, 2008 | D-Link / RangeBooster N 650 / DIR-635 /...
Oct 08, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Jul 21, 2008 | D-Link AirPlus DI-524 Wireless Router
656 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: