Question about Linksys WRT160N Wireless Router
The computer works fine when plugged int just one is connected to the
internet but when I go wireless I cant connect either computer
How many wireless computers do you have?
is it a dekstop or laptop?
if desktop have you installed a wireless adapter? if laptop, is it using a built-in wireless adapter, have you enabled the wireless adapter or have you installed a wireless adapter?
please make sure first that the wireless adapters are installed properly or enabled on your computers, if everythings OK.
access the setup page of your router and change the wireless settings of it.
how to access the ui
- open the internet explorer
- on the address bar type in 192.168.1.1 hit enter
- enter admin under password, leave it empty for the username and click ok
- click the wireless tab
- set the wireless mode to mix, change the wireless network name or ssid with any preferred name you want to use, make sure to enabled the ssid broadcast and then click save settings.
- after that, under wireless tab, there are sub tabs, click wireless security
- set wireless security to WPA-PERSONAL, and under passphrase, enter your desired password for wireless connection, take note of it and please be reminded that its case sensitive.
- click save settings.
for your wireless computers, if adapters enabled and working fine, on the system tray you should have an icon for the wireless connection, doubles click on it and it will pop for the wireless connection window wherein you can see the name that you set on your router, all you have to do is select the name click on connect and it should ask you enter a password, enter the passphrase you set on the router and click connect. then check if you can go online, if yes do the same thing with other computers.
Have a great day ahead.
Posted on Sep 30, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 14, 2010 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Oct 05, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Sep 18, 2010 | Internet Computers & Internet
Jun 30, 2009 | Advent Netbook
May 06, 2009 | ASUS Eee Pc 1000Ha 160G Netbook
Nov 11, 2008 | NetGear RangeMax WPN824 Wireless Router...
Mar 15, 2008 | D-Link DIR-625 (790069292637) Wireless...
Dec 07, 2007 | Zyxel Prestige P-330W Wireless Router...
Nov 27, 2007 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
119 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!