Question about Whirlpool Washing Machines

1 Answer

When I turned on my fornt loader this morning after about 10 minutes there was a string smell of burnt runner or wire. almost immediately water started pouring out from the door section. The machine is 3 months old nd is still undr warranty.

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

    MVP:

    An expert that gotĀ 5 achievements.

    Governor:

    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 20 times.

    Hot-Shot:

    An expert who has answered 20 questions.

  • Contributor
  • 32 Answers

Sounds like the door boot was rubbing against basket and tore it causing the water to leak out.call and have replaced under warranty

Posted on Sep 28, 2008

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

3 Answers

Sound takes 10 minutes to come on from my Pioneer Elite 94 av receiver


I supose this is not how its suposed to work, only thing I can think of is somekind of a hardware side problem, Im sure you still have warranty on it, if you can you should go and get it replaced.

If you need more assistance let me know, I'm here to help

Apr 13, 2008 | Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

Keeps turning off after 1 to 2 minutes of use. Then I smell burning from the motor. If I turn it on woth nobody using it - it will run about 5 - 10 minutes then shut off


it would appear that the motor has a shorting fault
it has probably over heated at some point and burnt wires or armature bars
check that it is for the correct mains voltage
if all that is fine then replace the motor as a smelling motor will cause a fire if left on

May 16, 2015 | Exercise & Fitness

1 Answer

I have a 2000 eclipse gs, I wired up an aftermarket jvc stereo system, even added amp and subs, it drives fine and has given me no problems for months...than suddenly the radio started randomly shutting...


I'll give you the correct answer, but I know you're not going to want to hear it.
Every step you did, following discovery of the first blown fuse, was the wrong thing to do, and made a simple short in wiring (or internal short in the radio or amp) now a major electrical issue.
When a fuse blows, that is telling you that there is a short somewhere "upstream" of that fuse. With the burnt wiring or burnt electronics smell, that typically is due to using a fuse (or wiring circuit) that has far greater amp rating than the gauge of wiring or devices that are connected to that fuse/circuit. Once you smell anything burnt, the simple short has now spread and increased in electrical damage.

You basically forced the electrical system to do far more damage by disconnecting the battery, replacing the under hood fuse, and forcing current/electricity to a shorted out wiring circuit or shorted component (radio or amp). People always make the fatal mistake of disregarding what a fuse is intended for, and what it should tell you, and they try to force faulty/damaged wiring or equipment to work by repeatedly shoving new fuses back in (frequently with higher amp rating). This makes what started as a simple problem, much much worse.

Now, your first step in repair/recovery is to completely remove the amp and radio, inspect each thoroughly (and smell each for burnt smell), but more importantly examine every inch of EVERY wire that leads to these 2 units all the way from the underhood fuse box to the components themselves (not easy, as you know). I suspect there may be a loom of wires that now has a major short with burnt/melted insulation.

Nov 03, 2014 | Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

10yr old table saw smells hot and trips breaker


Maybe, but first rule out several other things. Has the saw been recently overloaded - heavy cuts with a dull blade? You may have a partially burnt-out motor (which means the insulation on the wire in the windings has partially melted.) Has it been used recently or used now with an extension cord or to an outlet wired with 15 ga wire? Is the saw arbor hard to turn by hand (with the belt removed)? Does the motor overheat with no load (remove the belt and let it run for 10 minutes)? Try running the saw with the belt on, but not cutting for 10 minutes.
Good luck!

Dec 10, 2012 | Craftsman 10" Table Saw

1 Answer

Doesn't turn on after smoke comming from pwr switch


Hi
More than likly you thermal fuse is burnt out( top left side of the boiler under the small clamp). But something caused it to smoke and melt, like the element shorted.

Jun 04, 2010 | Saeco Classico Espresso Machine

3 Answers

Car had a burning smell before it lost a power. it will turn over but start. still ha o power(lights, radio,blower nothing)


check all the wires under the hood. There may be a burnt wire that powers all the things you mentioned

Nov 12, 2009 | 1998 Dodge Neon

1 Answer

Smelt burning smell in the morning stopped cooling


I suspect the start relay burnt on the compressor. Now the compressor can not turn on. You need to repalce the relay.

Sep 04, 2009 | Kenmore 53542 / 53544 Side by Side...

2 Answers

Smells like burnt wires


It is very possible it may have burnt wire or burnt capacitor. Remove unit, remove top cover and look inside to see if you see any burn marks or burnt wires. Also check fuse to see if it is good or not.

Aug 07, 2009 | Whirlpool MH1141XM Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Smell of Burning Plastic


you could have a short in the wire harness that runs up your steering column. i would check under the dash for worn,frayed or burnt wires immediately. you have a great potential for an electrical fire. good luck. please rate this solution

Aug 30, 2008 | 2004 Saturn VUE

Not finding what you are looking for?

Open Questions:

Washing Machines Logo

Related Topics:

30 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Whirlpool Washing Machines Experts

Dan Webster
Dan Webster

Level 3 Expert

8205 Answers

Mike Cairns
Mike Cairns

Level 3 Expert

3053 Answers

prem mathew

Level 3 Expert

662 Answers

Are you a Whirlpool Washing Machine Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...