Question about Arris Wireless G Broadband Router (wr850g)
Help to get back connected
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 26, 2015 | Routers
Feb 02, 2014 | 2wire Routers
Sep 21, 2011 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
May 02, 2011 | Belkin Wireless Surf Router (F7D2301)
I understand that the router does not work after the power cut.To resolve the issue, I would recommend you to reset and reconfigure the router using the below steps:
With the help of a paper clip, press the reset button on the back of the router for 20 seconds (please refer to the label on the bottom of the router for reset button location). Release the reset button after 20 seconds and turn off the router. Turn the router on after few seconds.
1. Connect an Ethernet cable from the modem to the WAN port of the router (isolated port).
2. Connect the computer to the router using any one of the 4 available ports. Please make sure that there is no direct connection between the modem and the computer (either using Ethernet cable or USB cable).
3. Power off the modem and the router after making the connections.
4. Power on the modem and wait for the lights to come on and then power on the router.
1. Open a web browser like Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Safari.
2. Access the router's GUI by typing http://192.168.1.1 or http://www.routerlogin.com.
3. When prompted for Username and Password, please enter 'admin' for the Username and 'password' for Password.
4. Click on 'Basic settings' from the left menu and select 'Use Computers MAC Address' from 'router MAC Address' section.
5. Click Apply.
6. Once it updates the settings then power off the modem and the router. Power on the modem and wait for the lights, then power on the router.
I hope this information allows you to resolve this issue. Please revert back for any more assistance on the same.
Feb 22, 2011 | NetGear RangeMax WPN824 Router
Jan 30, 2011 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Jan 28, 2011 | Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router
Oct 28, 2010 | Belkin Wireless G Plus MIMO (F5D9230-4)...
Sep 20, 2010 | D-Link DI 514 Wireless Router (DI-514)
Sep 05, 2008 | NetGear DG834G Router
38 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: