An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
Re: printing as if running out of toner
There are various possibilities:
1. Toner Save on - turn off the toner save button and try again.
2. Reset the unit - go into [MENU], [OK], right arrow until [SYSTEM SETTINGS], [OK], right arrow until [CLEAR ALL MEMORY], [OK]. You may need to reprogram some settings.
3. Your laser unit is bad - this is very rare and if the case, you need to take it to Authorized Service, for that part requires much dissasembly.
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
In the Brother HL-2140 printer, it shows the Toner led light is on. Even if there is plenty of toner on the cartridge. It just wont print anything after initiating a print job since the toner light is on.Here is a trick on what you need to do:
1. Turn off the Brother HL-2140 printer. 2. Open the front access door to take out the toner from the carriage. 3. Notice that on both sides of the toner, you will see a small hole which is most probably the sensor. 4. What you do is to cover the sensor holes with masking tape and color the tape with black marker. Or, you can also use an electrical tape to cover them. 5. Shake the toner so that the ink inside will redistribute evenly. 6. Return the toner to the carriage and try to initiate a print again.
epson.com, actually you can print using black ink only, but you have to reset the color ink for it to register as full. :) or you can freeze the ink counter using the ssc service utility before the other ink rans out. :)
The print heads don't appreciate being out of ink so the Brother printer has sensors to prevent that but the tape defeated that prevention. Maybe more cleanings or maybe a cartridge with printhead cleaning solution will help. Otherwise, I fear a new printer.
I had same problem it wont print with just black even by using the settings.You can trick it into thinking the color cartridge are full by taking out the color cartridge and taping over the clear part of the cartridge were you can see the level of ink.Thats how the machine knows weather or not the ink is full by looking through the glass by either light or some other way and if its blocked it thinks its full.