Question about Frigidaire 24 in. FDB1050REC Stainless Steel Built-in Dishwasher
When dishwasher is started, after it fills for about 10 seconds, then water start dripping from around one of the two brass threaded plugs in the bottom of the dishwasher, this brass plug has a red wire attached to it.
There are a couple reasons water may be leaking out the door of a dishwasher.
1. The water is most likely coming out the bottom of the door where there is no rubber seal.
2. The rubber seal is around the door jam on top and both sides and not on the bottom. This means if the dishwasher has to much detergent in it the soap suds push only the water higher than the front edge of the wash basin and out the bottom of the door where there is no seal!
3. Fill only the soap cup that can close for the secondary wash. The open cup is a pre-wash and mostly not needed unless the food is baked on.This just wastes money to fill both of them every time.
4. And if you are using liquid detergent you only need half the amount from the powdered soap!
try less soap. Remember to much soap too can cause the water overflow.
5. And the last would be that the drain is clogged and caused a back up large or small and then the overflow!
is there water in the bottom when the wash is done?
Soap is usually the culprit, not that there can't be a leak in an old drain or water supply hose!
Go with the soap idea first!
Let me know how you are!
How old is the washer ?
Please remember to leave a rating before you go!
Thank You ,Huuum
Posted on Oct 03, 2008
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 29, 2014 | Frigidaire 24 in. PLD2560LCC Energy...
May 10, 2014 | Frigidaire FFBD2406NS Full Console...
Apr 30, 2014 | Frigidaire 24 in. FDB1050REC Stainless...
Jul 26, 2011 | Dishwashers
Jan 14, 2018 | Frigidaire 24 in. FDB1050REC Stainless...
May 09, 2010 | Neff 24 in. S5409X0 Built-in Dishwasher
Mar 28, 2010 | Frigidaire Dishwashers
Oct 31, 2007 | Dishwashers
Jul 12, 2014 | Frigidaire 24 in. FDB1050REC Stainless...
Apr 03, 2017 | Frigidaire 24 in. FDB1050REC Stainless...
1,482 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!