Question about Creative Labs Zen Digital Media Player
Play any type of media ranging from pictures to radio and the screen goes blank and nothing happens.
Try another PC or another USB port
Make sure the hold/lock is not engaged
Check for firmware update on Creative's website
Get Recovery Tool from Creative
Try this: disconnect the player from the computer, turn it off, hold in the volume + button, and reconnect the player to the computer while holding the volume + button in. Keep holding the volume + button for an additional 5-50 seconds. Windows should eventually go into recovery mode and revive the player- it will pop up a window that says Found New Hardware Wizard.
If all else fails, check with this guy:
Creative Zen – Formatting
Step by step instructions for formatting a player
1. Detach the player from the PC if it is connected, and turn off the player.
2. Press and hold the Play button while powering on the player.
3. When the player displays the Creative logo, release the Play button
4. Select Format (All) and select Yes to format the player.
5. After the player has finished formatting, select Reboot.
6. Re-transfer the tracks to the player.
-Tha Mp3 Doctor
Posted on Sep 27, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 29, 2010 | Creative Labs Zen Digital Media Player
Jan 13, 2010 | Creative Labs Zen Digital Media Player
Sep 03, 2009 | Creative Labs Creative Technology Zen MP3...
Aug 16, 2008 | Creative Labs Zen Digital Media Player
Aug 14, 2008 | Creative Labs ZEN SLEEK MP3 Player
Jun 08, 2014 | Creative Labs Zen Digital Media Player
53 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: