- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Editing the Normal - Message Profile
1.Touch >Settings > Sound Profile >Normal. •Touch the name field and not the radio button to the right.
2.Touch drop-down menu (upper-right of the screen) and selectMessage.
3.Touch the Message Alert Type field, select one of the following and touchSave: • Melody: the phone rings using the ring melody selected in the Ring tone menu. • Vibration: the phone vibrates 3 times. •Vibration & Melody: the phone vibrates and plays a melody simultaneously. • Mute: the phone is silent and does not play a melody or vibrate.
4.Touch the Message Alert Tone field, touch to select a ringtone and touchSave.
5.Touch the Message Alert Repetition pull-down and select one of the following options and touchSave: • Once: repeats the message alert once. • Periodic: repeats the message alert periodically.
6.Drag the Alert Tone Volume slider to the volume level you desire (range is 1-7).
7.Touch the Vibration Pattern field, then touch to select Vibration 1 - 3.
8.TouchSave to return to the Sound Profiles menu
The msg alert tone depends on the current sound profile of your phone (like normal, silent, driving etc).
1. Go to main menu -> settings -> phone profiles. You should find all the profiles available in the phone. For example, we will change the msg alert tone for 'normal'.
2. Tap on the box with the double arrow (>>) symbol next to normal. You should enter a screen saying call alert type, voice call ringtone etc.
3. There is a drop down menu at the top right side of the screen. Tap that and select 'new messages'.
4. 'message alert type' should be melody or vibration & melody, depending on your preference.
5. now select 'message alert tone'. The phone has a number of tones already stored. Select one of these.
6. Or select 'sounds' at bottom right and browse to any file you want to set as message alert tone instead..
7. Save and exit !!
Turn on your BlackBerry. Press the "Menu" key to go to the applications page, and scroll down to find the "Profiles" icon. Click the icon to enter the "Profiles" options menu.
Scroll down and click "Advanced."
Highlight the active profile and press the "Menu" key. Click "Edit."
Click "SMS Text." Change the field next to "Ring Tone" to your desired text tone. You can also change the volume and vibration option of the text message alerts from this screen. Press the "Menu" key when you are satisfied with your changes. Click "Save."
Menu > Settings > Phone profiles > click the two arrows beside Normal (or whichever one you use) > go to the top of the screen and select New Messages > Choose Message Alert Tone > Sounds > choose the file.
Make sure you change your message alert type to Melody or Melody and Vibration before you get to pick your text alert tones or songs. If I remember correctly, my phone was set to only "Vibration" when i first got it.