Ixus 75 battery discharges overnight even if the camera is turned off.
A fully charged battery last only for about 2 minutes video and 30 M2 fine pictures. Even if the camera is turned off it discharges the battery in 20 hours. The camera is 9 months in use now and was purchased in Germany.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Try disabling everything you can through the software, if not possible, unplug them. Then plug one in at a time and leave it overnight. If its OK in the morning, plug in the next item, and so on. Make sure battery is fully charged between each test. When the unit discharges overnight again, the last item you reconnected befroe it discharged is the one causing the voltage drain.
Hi there please follow the steps and let me know the result.
1. Ensure batteries are fully charged & clean the battery connector point in side the battery compartment.
2. Look carefully between the lens and the camera body for any sand, dirt or any damaged etc.
3. Try turning the camera with the lens facing down and shake to dislodge anything stuck
4. Try removing batteries and memory card, wait 5 minutes and refit the battery only.
5. Now turn on camera( with out card ) and see ,if working then fix the memory card & again turn on the camera. If working then fine . Otherwise format the memory card and fix back in camera again & try. Make sure before format the memory card take a back up all photos in your computer then format. If no luck then reset or restore the camera setting by pressing Menu key for 2 sec .. in not done the press both Menu & self time key for 2 - 4 sec.
How old is your battery? Keep in mind rechargeable Li-Ion batteries aren't meant to last more than a couple years, regardless of whether they've been used or not. If yours is as old as your camera, I think you know the answer. The good news is there are many inexpensive generic alternatives available these days. Some are very good, and vice versa. Research the buyer reviews before considering purchasing.
Happened the same with mine. At the beginning I tough it was related with the sd card as when I removed the card the camera would turn ON. Later on I found it to be related with the camera contacts. After cleaning the battery contacts with alcohol and a cotton swab it started to work fine. SOLUTION: Clean battery gold contacts.
try discharging the battery completly and i mean dead wont even try and turn on the charge it overnight and see if that helps a bit as far as i know there arnt any batterys you can change with it, and anyway the battery if avalible would cost you about as much as a brand new mp3 player
It is a very commom comphenion,the original canon nb-4l battery often decrease its capacity and won't charging normally after 30 charge/discharge cycles or so.If you don't want to miss the important shots,get a cheap higher capacity replacement canon nb-4l battery as a spare power bank in hand.
The camera was working fine 5 days ago. Yesterday when I tried to switch it on, I assumed that the battery was flat so I charged it but when fully charged the camera still won't switch on. i Please help!