Question about Acer Computers & Internet
Try these if your computer cannot see the dvd rom and if theres a yellow exclamation point on the device manager
1. Click Start, type regedit in the Start Search box, and then click regedit in the Programs list.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password, or click Continue.
2. Locate, and then click the following registry subkey:
Caution There can be many instances of the registry subkey that is mentioned in step 2. You must make sure that you are in the appropriate registry subkey before modifying the UpperFilters and the LowerFilters values. To verify that you are in the appropriate registry subkey, make sure that the Default data value is DVD/CD-ROM and the Class data value is CDROM.
3. In the right pane, right-click UpperFilters, and then click Delete.
4. Click Yes to confirm the removal of the UpperFilters registry entry.
5. In the right pane, right-click LowerFilters, and then click Delete.
6. Click Yes to confirm the removal of the LowerFilters registry entry.
7. Exit Registry Editor, and then restart the computer.
Posted on Sep 27, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 28, 2013 | Acer Computers & Internet
Dec 18, 2009 | Acer Extensa 5620 Notebook PC
Sep 28, 2009 | Acer Computers & Internet
Nov 16, 2008 | Acer Extensa 710TE Notebook
Oct 02, 2008 | Acer InviLink 802.11b (91.49C10.002)...
Sep 27, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Jul 20, 2008 | Acer Computers & Internet
Jul 02, 2008 | Acer Aspire 5500 5570-2609 Laptop
66 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!