Question about Acer PC Desktops
Try these if your computer cannot see the dvd rom and if theres a yellow exclamation point on the device manager
1. Click Start, type regedit in the Start Search box, and then click regedit in the Programs list.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password, or click Continue.
2. Locate, and then click the following registry subkey:
Caution There can be many instances of the registry subkey that is mentioned in step 2. You must make sure that you are in the appropriate registry subkey before modifying the UpperFilters and the LowerFilters values. To verify that you are in the appropriate registry subkey, make sure that the Default data value is DVD/CD-ROM and the Class data value is CDROM.
3. In the right pane, right-click UpperFilters, and then click Delete.
4. Click Yes to confirm the removal of the UpperFilters registry entry.
5. In the right pane, right-click LowerFilters, and then click Delete.
6. Click Yes to confirm the removal of the LowerFilters registry entry.
7. Exit Registry Editor, and then restart the computer.
Posted on Sep 27, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 23, 2009 | PC Desktops
Jul 10, 2008 | PC Desktops
Apr 01, 2009 | Acer Veriton 7100 PC Desktop
Dec 07, 2008 | Acer PC Desktops
Dec 05, 2008 | Acer PC Desktops
Jul 26, 2008 | PC Desktops
Jun 01, 2008 | Acer PC Desktops
May 19, 2008 | PC Desktops
May 15, 2008 | PC Desktops
Oct 25, 2015 | Acer PC Desktops
66 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!