Question about Pioneer SD-643HD5 64" Rear Projection Television
My pioneer sd-643hd5 screen is really dark, it happened just all of a sudden, one second it was fine next its was really dark
Besides being dark, are the colors inaccurate? If so, I bet one of your CRT's (Red, Green, or Blue) is out. When my green CRT went out, my picture was very dark and the colors were inaccurate (e.g. no green at all). My problem was caused by a bad solder connection on my Green CRT driver board which I fixed with the following procedure.
1) Determine which CRT is out (red, green, or blue)
2) Unplug your TV
3) Locate the Driver Board attached to the bottom of that CRT.
4) Locate the two large metal heatsinks on the driver board. Each has a transistor attached to it.
5) Carefully touchup the solder connections on each transistor (on the underside of the circuit board). I added some additional solder to help reflow the solder onto the pad of the circuit board. It's a bit tricky because the solder has to fill a large gap between the small leads of the transistor and large holes in the circuit board.
(If the above does not make sense, then it's best to leave the repair to a professional)
Posted on Sep 30, 2008
This can occur because of a component failure. A reset is not likely to fix this. One thing you can try or at least observe, is whether or not this recovers once the set has cooled down. It is possible that there are aone or more bad solder connections inside that are causing this. Please update this if you can.
Posted on Sep 30, 2008
Resetting the TV
Some TVs have a reset button. If available and accessible, try using the reset buttons before using the steps below. Using the reset buttons can save time.
1. Unplug the TV power cord from the power outlet.
2. Unplug any connected devices (DVD, Set-top boxes, etc...)
3. Press and hold the TV power button for five seconds.
4. Plug the TV power cord back into the power outlet and turn on the TV.
5. Open the on-screen menu to confirm that the TV is responding again.
6. Turn off the TV and reconnect the devices.
7. Turn on the TV.
Hope it may help you;
Posted on Sep 26, 2008
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 29, 2011 | Pioneer SD-643HD5 64" Rear Projection...
Jun 12, 2011 | Pioneer Televison & Video
Dec 30, 2009 | Pioneer SD-643HD5 64" Rear Projection...
Apr 15, 2009 | Pioneer SD-643HD5 64" Rear Projection...
Feb 02, 2009 | Pioneer SD-643HD5 64" Rear Projection...
Jan 25, 2009 | Pioneer SD-643HD5 64" Rear Projection...
Nov 03, 2007 | Pioneer SD-643HD5 64" Rear Projection...
Aug 26, 2007 | Pioneer SD-643HD5 64" Rear Projection...
Aug 01, 2007 | Pioneer SD-643HD5 64" Rear Projection...
128 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: