Question about Whirlpool Washing Machines
Some cycles have a slow agitation on some normal may be slow and heavy duty fast on some it starts out fast then slow in last 4-6 mins
Posted on Sep 27, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 15, 2012 | Kenmore 2.1 cu. ft. Portable Top Load...
Sep 22, 2011 | Whirlpool 3.2 cu. ft. Plus Washer
2) Pull the inner cap (if present) off - many Whirlpool machines use this inner cap, with a handle, to gain access to the center bolt
3) Remove the bolt in the center of the agitator (earlier models used a 7/16" hex-head steel bolt)
On older models, grasp the bottom portion of the agitator and pull the entire assembly out of the washer. (Some recent models allow just the top portion's removal to access these 'dogs')
5) Older models - place the agitator on the floor, and, standing carefully on the bottom portion, pull the top half off. Turn it over, and the dogs will be accessible for replacement.
6) Newer model dogs can be replaced once just the ratchet ***'y is removed. There are several versions currently in use, but most can be replaced without removing the bottom agitator half. All '4-dog' versions use the 285770 (or #80040) kit, regardless of the cam ***'y style. (Really old agitators, rarely seen now, used a pair of 2 larger dogs, which are a different part number)
7) On older versions, be careful to align the two tabs when inserting the upper ***'y back onto the agitator bottom half. When these are aligned, they will friction-fit the two halves together, making it easier to reinstall the ***'y. Handle it only by the bottom half to prevent pulling the top half off when reinstalling.
8) Lightly lubricate the agitator cap's rubber gasket using a bit of dishwasher detergent, and push it back into place. (On the Whirlpools with an inner cap, lube that cap's o-ring too - makes it easier to snap into place)
Apr 18, 2011 | Kenmore 24042 Top Load Washer
Nov 19, 2010 | Whirlpool Ultimate Care II LSQ9564J Top...
Oct 21, 2010 | Kenmore Washing Machines
May 09, 2009 | Washing Machines
Dec 31, 2008 | Kenmore Washing Machines
Nov 18, 2008 | Estate ETW4100SQ Top Load Washer
Jul 26, 2008 | Whirlpool Washing Machines
247 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!