How to turn off annoying beep sounds of alert and programming
This is not LG LRMM specific but rather a general question relating to microwaves. I have long resisted getting a microwave, initially because of rumored microwave leakage/dangers but laterally because of an increased annoyance listening to the irritating beeping they make when setting the timer and then again when the food is ready. Is it relatively easy to disengage the beeper without compromising the functioning of the unit itself?
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
Re: How to turn off annoying beep sounds of alert and...
First of all, microwave ovens do not emit ionizing radiation.
The only risk from any leakage is a burn.
Generally, microwave leakage only occurs when the door / door seal is loose or damaged or there has been an improper repair attempt.
You can select a model which lets you turn the beeper on and off by looking for that feature as you shop manufacturer Web sites, or in the store ask the clerk to pull the manual for you to examine, or contact the manufacturer's help center, support center, or FAQ.
Goldstar / LG / L.G. help, call 1-800-243-0000 (M-F, 7am-8pm CT, Sat
8-5 CT) and choose the appropriate prompt from the menu or visit here. LG / Goldstar owner's manuals can be downloaded here.
If you're interested in other brands, please reply back and let me know. I'll be happy to post contact info.
We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Unplug microwave, remove top, set meter to ohms, unhook one wire from the magnetron, low resistance reading means it is good, open reading or infinity means it is bad. For the final test, put one test lead where the wire was unhooked, now put the other test probe on the magnetron chassis, any resistance reading indicates leakage and the magnetron is bad.
Hi and welcome to FixYa, I am Kelly
Often it is a simple part replacement. There are 3 parts that can cause this. The most common failure is the power diode. You remove the chassis to gain access and then make sure you hold a screwdriver and ground the large capacitor at least 3 times across the terminals. Then you can check the diode by using an ohm meter across the terminals. It should read continuity in one direction only. (reverse lead polarity) If it reads in both directions OR there is no continuity then the diode has failed. Next you test the high voltage capacitor by reversing the leads and watching each time for a jump in resistance then the meter returns to infinity. (Diode must be disconnected) No jump in resistance after reversing the test leads or constant resistance = bad capacitor. Lastly the Magnetron could have failed. You read resistance of the leads of the Magnetron with one lead disconnected. You must read resistance. No resistance = bad magnetron.
Since you did not include a model number this response assumes you have a non-inverter powered unit. If you need more specific information or have an inverter powered microwave I need a complete model number in your response so I can pass on parts sources and unit specific checks.
Your aware this site is not associated with LG, rather it's a place where individuals can ask questions and get answers from others regarding specific problems.
Regarding your specific problem, if your certain it's the magnetron I'd suggest you consider buying a new microwave. The cost of repairing yours may be more than a new unit. Prices for microwaves have dropped significantly. I saw a 700 watt Conv/Microwave advertised for $50 at a local retailer (on the East coast). I doubt a 1000 watt model would be more than $75 to 100.
All microwaves have an internal fan. Generally, they work whenever the unit is heating. There may be a second 'overload' fan...that may be what they are referring to. If this is an over-range unit, these items have special sensors related to heat from the stove. My advice: don't mess with it if it is doing whatever else you want.
Normally you can strip and sand the old paint, get it squeaky clean, and use appliance paint.
Yes indeed it is a heat-resistant enamel. You can get it from appliance parts stores, Wal-Mart, or home centers, etc.
BUT if it's under warranty I would call GE Customer Relations with your model and serial numbers. They're at 1-800-386-1215 (8-6 ET) and I would also suggest you ask them for a referral to a GE-authorized servide center in your area.
I appreciate your thoughtful rating of this answer.