Question about Sharper Image Professional Plus Ionic Breeze? QUADRA GP Silent (SI861) (2 Pack) Air Purifier
I have cleaned all the surfaces with nearly dry towel.I have changed where I plug it in thinking maybe outlet problem.
Is there a reset button?
Try this link:
I've heard if the plates aren't working, it doesn't turn on.
Now for the disclaimer:
Sharper Image has recalled the units. Consumer Reports released a report on all ionizers and the quadra failed. Sharper Image tried to sue Consumer Reports over the findings but they couldn't prove that the unit cleaned the air. Sharper Image was ordered to pay all legal fees forcing the company into Chapter 11.
EPA data has proven that ionizers not only are ineffective at cleaning the air but they are harmful to use as well. EPA.gov has a report on it.
The Consumer Products Safety Commission is going to release a report on all ionizers. It's possible that they will no longer be for sale in the U.S. next year.
Sharper Image also recalled the ionizers for $35. Since there in bankruptcy now I don't think the program is no longer available.
Posted on Sep 26, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 02, 2011 | Ecoquest Breeze AT Living Air Purifier
The problem: EcoQuest is now Vollara, and has discontinued the sale and service on the Breeze machine. Some of the machines may have basic problems which you can troubleshoot.
1) If absolutely nothing happens when the machine is plugged in, check the fuse. Replace if needed with the EXACT same size (usually available at auto parts stores). Also check the plug, making sure it's inserted firmly and is not frayed or broken.
2) If the machine turns on, buzzes, but the fan doesn't turn, you can remove the front grid and fan blades and oil the shaft with a light household (sewing machine or hair clipper or 3-in-1) oil.
3) If the fan turns, but no/little purifier odor is emitted, check the plate(s). Inspect them carefully for any flaws, cracks, loose seals, broken screen filament, discoloration, burned spots. Any imperfect plates must be replaced. (Call Vollara Customer Service at 800-989-2299, using #16618 as the dealer referral number.)
4) Clean plates which show no defects. Use a solution of ammonia/water 50/50. DO NOT USE any kind of sudsy or scented ammonia, nor any cleaning solution which is merely ammonia-based. DO NOT use detergent or any other cleaning product! Use a soft brush to scrub, then rinse well. Blow-dry or air-dry. DO NOT USE any kind of towel or cloth to dry! Avoid touching the screen mesh with fingers.
5) Clean antenna ionizer (the circular metal object) and the plate contact "fingers" with a cotton-tipped swab and alcohol.
6) Double-check to see that all parts are inserted and aligned correctly, and that there are no visible loose or corroded wires.
If none of these options works, the problem is most likely in the computerized works, and cannot be easily repaired. Perhaps some machines can be used for parts and a knowledgeable electronics person may be able to reconstruct a couple of working machines.
You can attempt to locate a dealer near Tempe by going to www.vollara.com and entering your zip code in the "Find a dealer" link. Or you can call the above customer service number and ask them to find a dealer for you.
Jun 07, 2010 | Ecoquest Breeze AT Living Air Purifier
Oct 10, 2008 | Sharper Image Hybrid GP (SI724) Air...
Sep 07, 2008 | Alpine Air XL-15 Air Purifier
Aug 06, 2008 | Sharper Image Ionic Breeze GP SI730 Air...
Aug 05, 2007 | Sharper Image Ionic Breeze SI719 Air...
Jul 25, 2007 | Sharper Image Ionic Breeze GP SI730 Air...
Jul 07, 2007 | Sharper Image Ionic Breeze GP SI720 Air...
Jun 17, 2007 | Ionic Pro 901P2RIP04 Air Purifier
Oct 24, 2006 | Ionic Pro 901P2RIP04 Air Purifier
Sep 27, 2014 | Sharper Image Professional Plus Ionic...
262 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!