I am trying to retrieve an object that fell into my printer and it is not visible from just lifting the usual lids. Do you have any diagrams/instructions that show how to open this printer? Any help will be appreciate.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hi, this error message usually caused by jammed papers or foreign objects inside your printer. To resolve this issue, please try the following steps. 1. Turn off the printer.2. Open the scanner unit.3. Check for any jammed papers or foreign objects then remove it.4. Check the ink cartridges and lids if push down fully.5. Close the scanner unit.6. Turn on the printer.
If the same error reappears, try the following. 1. Turn off the printer.2. Open the scanner unit.3. Remove all the ink cartridges.4. Turn on the printer >> your printer will display install ink cartridges.5. Install all the ink cartridges, make sure it clicks into place and also the lids should be push down fully.5. Close the scanner unit.6. Press the Start or OK button to charge the cartridges. If the issue persists, your unit will require service. Please contact Epson so they can check if your printer is still under warranty or ask them for the nearest service center in your area.
I hope this will help you :)
* Green Power light flashes- The printer is receiving a print job, replacing an ink cartridge, charging ink, or cleaning the print head.
* RED paper light is On- If the CD/DVD try guide is open, close the CD/DVD tray guide, load paper, then press the paper button.
Your paper ran out or multiple sheets loaded at the same time . Load paper and press the paper butoon to resume printing.
* RED paper light flashes- Paper is jammed in the printer. Press the paper button to eject the jammed paper. If the light is still flashing , open the cover and remove all paper, including any jammed or torn pieces. Then reload paper and press the paper button to continue printing.
* RED Ink Light Flashes - One or more cartridges are low on ink. Check the message that appears on your screen to determine which cartridge is low, or follow the instructions in " Checking the Ink Supply". Make sure you have a replacement cartridge.
* RED Ink Light is ON- One or more cartridges are out of ink or not installed. If you have just installed a new cartridge, it may be incomaptible with the printer or incorrectly installed. Reinstall it or replace it with the correct cartridge
* RED Ink and RED paper lights flash alternately- The CD/DVD tray guide was left open when you turned on the printer or when printing on paper. Just simply close it/
* Green Power Light is Off; RED paperand RED Ink Lights flashing- Paper may be blocking movement of the print head. Turn off the printer, then open the cover and remove any jammed paper or other foreign objects. Turn the printer back on again. Or it may have an internal error. Turn off the printer, wait a few seconds, then turn it on again.
Usually the printer manual will have instructions on changing the cartridge. If you don't have a manual, there is a chance you can find one online by googling the make and model number. On some printers the cartridges center when you open a door to access them, or lift a lid or a scanner deck, or turn off or turn on the printer.
A communications error usually means that there's a problem with the connection between the printer and the computer.
This could be because of a duff USB cable or something pulling on (and damaging) the connections. However I've also heard of this behaviour when using the SSC utility in an attempt to reset the waste ink counter which I'm guessing is what you're trying to do.
If you are based in the USA I'd recommend filling out the form for this utility: http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/InkPadsForm.jsp
It does invalidate your warranty but the R220 is that old that you won't have anyway.
If that doesn't work then you could try looking for an adjustment utility but be warned they are a lot more complex and it's easy to bork your printer if you're now careful. Keywords: "eserviceinfo r220 adjustment utility"
Check for obstructions (ie tiny pieces of paper and other foreign objects)
Clear the obstructions.
press the paper button
Turn it off then do the self test and check if the printer will printer without using computer
self test (press and hold the paper button and press and release the power button, if you can see the green light is flashing release your hold on the paper button. By the way make sure there is paper on the printer)
If it prints good then you need to check the settings on your computer.
The printer may have an internal error or a hardware issue already. Ink pads full usually indicates if all lights are flashing and an error msg would pop up in your computer screen "parts inside..."
Here's what you may want to try. Just turn off the printer. Checked for obstructions or any foreign objects inside the printer. Try to check from inside the printer where the ink cart holder is, from where you load the paper and from where the paper comes out.