I am trying to retrieve an object that fell into my printer and the object is not visible from just opening the usual lids. Do you have any diagrams that show how to open this printer? I'd appreciate any help. thanks.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I hope this will help you :)
* Green Power light flashes- The printer is receiving a print job, replacing an ink cartridge, charging ink, or cleaning the print head.
* RED paper light is On- If the CD/DVD try guide is open, close the CD/DVD tray guide, load paper, then press the paper button.
Your paper ran out or multiple sheets loaded at the same time . Load paper and press the paper butoon to resume printing.
* RED paper light flashes- Paper is jammed in the printer. Press the paper button to eject the jammed paper. If the light is still flashing , open the cover and remove all paper, including any jammed or torn pieces. Then reload paper and press the paper button to continue printing.
* RED Ink Light Flashes - One or more cartridges are low on ink. Check the message that appears on your screen to determine which cartridge is low, or follow the instructions in " Checking the Ink Supply". Make sure you have a replacement cartridge.
* RED Ink Light is ON- One or more cartridges are out of ink or not installed. If you have just installed a new cartridge, it may be incomaptible with the printer or incorrectly installed. Reinstall it or replace it with the correct cartridge
* RED Ink and RED paper lights flash alternately- The CD/DVD tray guide was left open when you turned on the printer or when printing on paper. Just simply close it/
* Green Power Light is Off; RED paperand RED Ink Lights flashing- Paper may be blocking movement of the print head. Turn off the printer, then open the cover and remove any jammed paper or other foreign objects. Turn the printer back on again. Or it may have an internal error. Turn off the printer, wait a few seconds, then turn it on again.
Leaking cartridge, heads need cleaning, and alignment. Run your utility it will solve those that are fixable, if it is sttill bleeding, you got a bad cartrtridge, open the area where the ink goes and look for visible leakage of ink to start, I'll await you findings and go from there, But you cand clean the heads and line up the heads thru the utility. Shut down and retart before printing a test page, good luck
first have you checked any clogged papers? have you checked ink cartridges if yes continue doing the following
Before run adjustment program or software resetter Epson Stylus
Photo R220 and R230, set date setting in your computer to 12 January
2006. Appearance of adjustment program Epson stylus photo R220 and R230
like adjustment program for Epson C45. Your Epson Stylus Photo R220 and
R230 must be installed correctly in your computer before using the
software otherwise so this software resetter will not be used.
Here how to use the software
Download and extract downloaded software and run it.
Click accept button.
Set model name, port selection and destination setting and equal to your printer.
Click Maintenance Tab.
Check mark waste ink pad counter.
And the clear the protection counter (reset counter to zero)
A communications error usually means that there's a problem with the connection between the printer and the computer.
This could be because of a duff USB cable or something pulling on (and damaging) the connections. However I've also heard of this behaviour when using the SSC utility in an attempt to reset the waste ink counter which I'm guessing is what you're trying to do.
If you are based in the USA I'd recommend filling out the form for this utility: http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/InkPadsForm.jsp
It does invalidate your warranty but the R220 is that old that you won't have anyway.
If that doesn't work then you could try looking for an adjustment utility but be warned they are a lot more complex and it's easy to bork your printer if you're now careful. Keywords: "eserviceinfo r220 adjustment utility"
Check for obstructions (ie tiny pieces of paper and other foreign objects)
Clear the obstructions.
press the paper button
Turn it off then do the self test and check if the printer will printer without using computer
self test (press and hold the paper button and press and release the power button, if you can see the green light is flashing release your hold on the paper button. By the way make sure there is paper on the printer)
If it prints good then you need to check the settings on your computer.
The ink cartridge is probably not inserted correctly. Unplug the
printer and manually move the carriage to a location where you can take the ink
cartridge out. Remove it and reinsert it, making sure that it is fully located, before
applying the power. Make sure that there is nothing blocking the carriage movement, such as
some remnant of paper.
The printer may have an internal error or a hardware issue already. Ink pads full usually indicates if all lights are flashing and an error msg would pop up in your computer screen "parts inside..."
Here's what you may want to try. Just turn off the printer. Checked for obstructions or any foreign objects inside the printer. Try to check from inside the printer where the ink cart holder is, from where you load the paper and from where the paper comes out.