Question about Televison & Video
Don't waste your time get a new player. You can pick a new one up for about 60$ or less now. If there is clicking thats most likly the lens is stuck and probably because the electric motor inside is dying. I see this all the time with roms not even worth the time to fix them anymore.
Posted on Jan 06, 2007
SOURCE: error message when reading DVD
Try changing the region setting to region free.
1. Make sure there is no Disc in the tray.
2. Shut off the unit and unplug it from the AC outlet.
3. Press and Hold the "Play" and "Open/Close" keys,
simultaneously on the player and not the remote control.
4. While holding these keys, plug the AC cord back into the outlet. (TEST and CPU ver# will appear on the display)
5. Release the "Play" and "Open/Close" keys.
6. Press DVD Menu twice on the remote.
7. When the display reads s000 5858 use the up and down buttons to change the 000 to 02E.
8. Using the Left and Right arrow buttons, change the last four digits until they read 0000 for Region Free, 0101 for Region 1, 0202 for Region 2 or 0404 for Region 4.
9. Press Enter on the player.
10. Press Standby and wait 5 seconds.
11. Press Standby again. Your player is now set to the region you requested. If you find some titles do not play on the region 0 setting, you may have to hard select the appropriate region.
Good Luck. Let me know if it works
Posted on Jan 02, 2009
try getting new av./audio cords and use them it should work then if it doesn't then you need to return it. there is a warranty on most dvd/blu-ray players.
Posted on Apr 18, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 01, 2010 | Sony Computers & Internet
Dec 15, 2008 | Pioneer DV-U7 DVD Player
Sep 10, 2008 | 2003 Lincoln Navigator
Aug 23, 2008 | Televison & Video
Mar 01, 2008 | Shenzhen Mizuda DVD-999 DVD Player
Jan 07, 2008 | ASUS (GENEIRC DRW-1608P BLACK)...
Apr 01, 2007 | Audiovox D1812 Portable DVD Player
52 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!