Question about Toshiba 36A50 36" TV
Can you send me a print on what part to fix.
somebody told me it was noted for a bad solder connection
which I can fix if I know where it is
If the line of which you speak is a horizontal line that looks like the picture collapsed, the problem is a vertical circuit problem. If hitting the set "fixes" it, then it is likely to be a bad solder connection. If you can solder, resolder the pins on the vertical IC. This is a small flat IC with about 11pins attached to a heat sink that may me marked LA7837 or something similar.
Let me know if that fails to resolve the problem.
Posted on Sep 26, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 06, 2011 | RCA D52W19 52" Rear Projection Television
Jul 01, 2009 | iLO Televison & Video
Feb 02, 2009 | Gestetner DSc328 Copier
Nov 25, 2008 | Sony KDF-E55A20 55 in. LCD Television
Sep 18, 2008 | Samsung LTM1755 17 in. HD-Ready LCD...
Nov 13, 2007 | Philips 27PT6441 27" TV
I had the same problem plus had problems with message indicating "alignment failed" and to monitor the blakc/yellow print head. The print quality was very bad in black. It seemed to print about 1.5 lines and then skip a line. When I replaced black and yellow it seemed to get better print quality was just as bad. Finally called HP support. These are the steps they told me to do.
1. disconnect power
2. remove all ink cartridges
3. remove and clean contacts of both print heads
4. perform simultaneously the following press 6 and # on the keypad while at the same time plug in the power.
5. --- the printer came on (black squares on the screen) and then shut off.
6. --- was told to power up the printer
7. Printer began checking device(took a long time)
8. Printer began aligning printer (took a long time)
9. Finally finished = Message on screen "Alignment Failed"
10. Still not printing and hours later.
11. They will be replacing printer
12. Then they hit you with that you should buy a set of inkjet cartidges from them at $109.96 - warranty 2yr, works better, etc.
13. Sent to somebody else to arrange shipping new printer.
14. Free shipping 5-7 days - big deal - placed my work (home office) on hold.
16. Service help - listen when it follows the script, otherwise like talking to a door (In India).
17. Finally get transfered to somebody else and he informs me that he is not authorize to give me a new printer, need to talk to somebody else who is not there. Advises to call during business hours. He said that he could request that I be called back but that it could take a 1.5 days to get back to me.
18. I am going to call tomorrow morning during business hours - wish me luck.
I don't know what is awaiting but IN The Future I will not talk to anybody from INDIA - they do not have authority and do not listen (but maybe they don't listen because they can't do anything about it).
Oct 03, 2007 | HP OfficeJet Pro L7580 Color All-in-One...
Oct 03, 2007 | Sony KDF-E50A10 50 in. LCD HDTV
May 03, 2007 | Mitsubishi WS-65807 65" Rear Projection...
62 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!