Had comp. since Dec, never installed lexmark all-in-one, installed today,want to add icon on start up page & quicklaunch bar. Then I need to scan a copy of a real estate contract and save for future use that will include editing. I hit start, go to my computer, and it takes me to the solution center instead of imaging studio?? Can anyone give me a short, simple tutorial?? Windows XP user on new emachine computer. My Lexmark all-in-one is a X3350 series not listed below. chose closest #
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Open up the "Printer Solution Center." If there is no icon on your desktop for your Lexmark printer, click on the "Start" menu button, which is located at the bottom left-hand corner of the screen. Click on "All Programs," and then look for "Lexmark." Select the "Printer Solution Center.
Choose "Install a new printer cartridge" under the "Maintenance" tab.
Click on "Next" until you see the "Print the Alignment page" option, then choose "Print."
Repeat steps 1,2 and 3 if the ink level gauge still isn't showing sufficient ink.
Please install the Lexmark printer on Windows XP using the "Add Printer Wizard" by following the steps given below:
1. Go to "Start," "Control Panel" and "Printers and Faxes."
2. Click on "Add Printer" and then click "Next."
3. Select "Local Printer" and then click "Next."
4. Select the required Port (USB001 Virtual Printer Port if the printer has already been connected) and click "Next."
Note: If the printer has not been connected, select "File."
5. Click the "Have Disk" button.
6. When the "Install From Disk" screen appears, click "Browse."
7. From the "Locate File" screen, in the "Look In" option, select "Drivers."
8. Click "Open" and then click "OK" in the next screen.
9. When the name Lexmark printer is displayed, click "Next."
10. Leave the name as Lexmark printer and choose whether or not you want the printer to be the default.
11. Indicate whether or not you want to print a "Test Page."
Note: This is the "Windows Test Page." It won't be printed before the cartridges are selected.
12. Click on "Finish." The printer files will then start to copy from the CD.
13. Please follow the on-screen instructions to finish installing the printer.
from the desktop,click start programs lexmark 4300 series uninstall. follow the instructions on screen to remove the printer software.restart the computer.click cancel on any add new hardware screens insert the installation cd
IF the software installation screen does not appear. from the desktop double click my computer in windows xp click start to access the MY Computer icon.Double click the cd rom drive icon. If nessessary,double click SETUP ExE .when the software installation screen appears, click install or install now Follow the instructions on the computer screen to complete the installation.
what I would do is delete the hard files first. do this by going to Start then hitting the Search button in the search bar type Lexmark X3550 and all subfolders do a search in your hard drive more possibly labled C:// drive once all those folders appear making sure that only Lexmark information is shown drag and drop these in the recycle bin. next go back to Start-then Control panel-then add or remove programs scroll down once populated search programs appear search to see if there is an icon for lexmark if this is so then click add or remove button after highlighting and click to remove. the next step is to remove the printer from the computer and remove the power cord. reinstall the printer as a new install first time install follow the instructions that are on your install disk.
Try to do a test print using the printer utility installed on your computer and also check if the driver is properly installed on your computer and if not make sure that your printer is using the printer driver from your setup CD.
i went to control panel and typed in scan. clicked on "scanners and cameras". hit "scan profiles". chose lexmark. hit "add profile". it wouldn't save so i hit "preview first" and that made it physically scan and it showed up on the screen. after that I could hit name it and "save profile" and i got my papers onto the comp. i can't figure out how to get the papers out of the control panel format tho. also my sis's comp is high tech so i don't know how much use this will be. but if you get this far and the files copied out of the control panel format plz let me know.