How do i fix a cartridge jam?
While using the HP Photosmart C4180, the printer may display error messages. These messages alert you, as the printer's user, to any problems affecting the printer's performance. The printer can display the message "Carriage Blocked" on the printer's display screen, stopping any current print jobs and preventing you from printing anything until you resolve the problem. The error message can be caused by an actual obstruction, such as a stuck piece of paper, keeping the cartridge carriage from moving freely inside the printer. Sometimes the error is a result of a software error.
1. Turn off the printer, wait 15 seconds, then turn it back on. Press the "Setup" button on the control panel, then use the arrows to highlight "Print Report" and press the "Ok" button to print a self-test page.
2. Remove all the loose paper from the printer's input tray. Turn off the printer and open the back door by depressing the tab on the left side.
3. Pull out any stuck paper, being sure to turn the rollers to check for small pieces of paper. Close the back door and open the printer's front door.
4. Remove any stuck paper from the printer. Move the cartridge carriage from the left to the right side of the machine, removing anything that stops the carriage's movement.
5. Push down on each cartridge, then pull each one out of its slot. Replace the cartridges in their slots, then push forward on them until they each click into place.
6. Plug the printer back in and turn it on, then unplug the printer's power cord from the back of the machine and the electrical outlet. After at least 15 seconds, plug the power cord back in and turn the printer back on. If the problem persists, take the printer to a repair shop.
Hope this helps.
Thank you for using Fixya!
Sep 24, 2011 |
HP Photosmart C4280 Aio Printer