I have a Compaq Presario SR1430NX and am running XP with service pack 1. I just had to reformat the pc because the restore disks that came with it were for and HP and would not let me use.
I have reinstalled the audio drives several times but I still have no audio and when you look in device manager, it says there are no problems and everything is woking fine. When you look at the sound, speech & audio int he control panel, it says there is nothing installed.
I also have an after market NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 graphics card installed, but that is not new and I have disbled the integrated video card.
no sound after reformating my system
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. Upgrade Service Pack 2 to SP3, can be downloaded from Microsoft website http://download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/software/svpk/2008/04/windowsxp-kb936929-sp3-x86-enu_c81472f7eeea2eca421e116cd4c03e2300ebfde4.exe
2. Download and Install MS UAA - Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio - KB835221.exe
3. Download and install the latest IDT drivers - HP IDT High Definition
Audio CODEC Driver 6.10.6087.0 Rev.B from
IF u not having ur drivers for win xp service pack 2 u have no option beside taking help of internet u have two options 1. go to google web site and write the following statement " driver for your system model name with no. like compaq Presario for xp2 " u will get drivers 2. u go on www.freedrivers.com and follow the same as in step1. u jst include statement driver for audio or sound or display or bluetooth etc.
1) you had vista, you wanted xp for whatever reason. you are doing a fresh install using the service pack 3 disk. there is hardware combatiblity issues and must stay with vista. this is becoming more common with the life of xp coming to an end.
2) you had xp and are reinstalling and hardware has failed.
3) you had service pack 2 or before and are updating your service pack and there is some issue with hardware or software.
For a Compaq Presario C740TU Notebook PC running Windows XP, audio drivers would be for Conexant High-Definition Audio. Importantly, SoftPaq Number SP31994, "Microsoft Universal Audio Architecture (UAA)
Bus Driver for High Definition Audio," (or later) must be installed on
the notebook before installing SP32823.
You're really unclear on which machine you need the driver for, so, the first link is the drivers for the Presario sr1610nx, and the second link is for the drivers for the c783tu. If you're loading XP into a c700 you may need to search driverguide.com for the audio driver, search by the make and model of the sound card.