Question about HTC G1
Does anyone tried the new G1 Keyboard?
I read somewhere that it is not very high quality. This is very important for me since I really like QWERTY Keyboards but if this Smartphone will have a low quality Keyboard I will not buy it.
I was in my local T-Mobile shop (UK) yesterday checking out the G1 before release date, Whoever said it isnt a high quality keyboarad has some serious personal issues. the keyboard on the phone is Really high quality, with backlit keys which are slightly raised to assist in typing, dedicated shortcut and programmable Keys and a really sturdy Sliding mechanism on the main screen ! as with most of HTC's QWERTY phones, the Keyboard is Top notch !
Hope this Helps
Posted on Oct 27, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
1. Download RC33 update from Google here.
2. Rename the download file from signed-PLAT-RC33-from-RC30.f06aa9b3.zip to update.zip,
and place it at the root i.e the very top directory of your Micro SD
card. (If you added the file to your microSD card by connecting the
handset to your computer via USB [rather than using a dedicated microSD
card reader], make sure to unmount it and disconnect the USB cable now.
3. Turn off your G1 Make sure it's
completely powered off. Now again turn it on by holding the Home+End
keys until you see T-Mobile G1 logo.
4. From the icon screen, open the keyboard and hit Alt+L.
5. Press Alt+S to begin the update. Remember, the update needs to be in the root of the Micro SD card and needs to be named update.zip.
6. Once it finishes, follow the onscreen instructions and press Home+Back to finish.
7. G1 Phone will reboot a few times to flash different parts of the firmware.
If all went well, you should now be running the latest update, RC33. Enjoy your new, shiny RC33 update, complete with Google Latitude!
To make sure all your hard work wasn't for nothing, hit Menu > Settings > About Phone > scroll to Build Number. You should see RC33 in there somewhere.
Mar 23, 2011 | HTC G1
Sep 01, 2010 | HTC G1
May 06, 2010 | HTC G1
Oct 05, 2009 | HTC G1
Aug 03, 2009 | HTC G1
Jun 19, 2009 | HTC G1
Jun 06, 2009 | HTC G1
Dec 01, 2008 | HTC G1
Sep 25, 2008 | HTC G1
371 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!