Question about Hotpoint Aquarius WMA42 Front Load Washer
After cycle was completed the door wont open. The door closed light is on. Have tried to start a new cycle and run it through again but this wont work. My clothes are washed and still inside.
Check your instruction manual to see if there is a childlock feature that has been activated.
Is there water in the machine or has it completely rinsed out?
If you switch the power off and wait a couple of minutes, can you then open the door with the power still off?
Posted on Sep 25, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 05, 2015 | Whirlpool GHW9100L Front Load Washer
Apr 13, 2014 | Maytag Neptune MAH5500B Front Load Washer
Feb 15, 2013 | Washing Machines
Oct 20, 2012 | Whirlpool LSB6200KQ Top Load Washer
3) Open the dispenser drawer and immediately add 2/3 cup (160 mL) of liquid chlorine bleach to the bleach compartment.
NOTE: Do not add any detergent to this cycle. Use of more than 2/3 cup (160 mL) of bleach will cause product damage over time.
4) Be sure dispenser drawer is closed.
5) Select the CLEAN WASHER cycle.
6) Press START.
NOTE: The basket will rotate, then the door will unlock, lock again, and then the cycle will continue. The machine will not fill, but the basket will rotate while the washer runs a short sensing cycle. This will take approximately 3 minutes.
7) The cycle will determine if clothing or other items are in the washer. a) If no items are detected in the washer, it will proceed to step 8. b) If any items are detected in the washer, all cycle lights will flash and "rL" or "F/34" will be displayed. Associated LED status lights will remain lit. The door will then unlock. Press STOP to cancel the failure code. Then repeat steps 1, 2 and 6 to start the cycle again.
8) Once the cycle has begun, allow the cycle to be completed.
9) After the cycle is complete, leave the door open, slightly, to allow for better ventilation and drying of washer interior.
Good Luck and thank you for choosing FixYa. Please take a moment to rate the info I provided and a short testimony is appreciated.
Aug 14, 2011 | Kenmore HE2 Plus Front Load Washer
Jul 07, 2010 | Kenmore HE3T Washer
Jan 23, 2010 | Kenmore Elite HE5t Washer
Nov 01, 2009 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Dec 09, 2008 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
May 10, 2007 | Whirlpool AWM6120 Front Load Washer
Mar 28, 2016 | Hotpoint Aquarius WMA42 Front Load Washer
292 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!